Superhardcore mode?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Mr-T
Pledge

Superhardcore mode?

Post by Mr-T »

I am sure someone must have mentioned it before but I just wanted to make sure it was mentioned. There was one thing I missed in the first game that I hoped would be redeemed in the second one... A "super hardcore mode".

What I want is an alternative to make a game where you only can save on exit... and if you should be unlucky (or stupid) enough to die the savegame is deleted. Playing in this mode will make you very attached to your character and you REALLY do not want die in when your characters life is at stake like this.

You should get another bonus, like more gold or xp for playing in this mode of course.

I think that a lot of players playing old school RPGs like these are hardcore gamers that enjoy "unforgiving" games. I know I do.

So if you get around to it please make another option to tick of "brain aneurysm hardcore" mode :)
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Superhardcore mode?

Post by SpottedShroom »

It's been mentioned before, and I'm a supporter. I like to call it "nethack mode," after that game's save/load functionality.

Here's hoping it'll be an option in Book III.
Rowanas
Council Member

Post by Rowanas »

Back to the really oldschool roguelikes. I approve.
AXS
Apprentice

Post by AXS »

Yep! it´s a great idea , every point in difficult adds a litlle bonus to one or more seeds (xp , gold , item generation ) depending the type.

Expanding the hardcore mode would expand replayabilty to the game, a newbie, would start with one or none rule, and once mastered could add more and more ,until a master would take all of ´em.

How about a:

-Bleeding mode: A kind of permanent damage equal or a little higher as poison , that works like posion, damage every turn .

How to cure:can be cured with:

·high medecine skill(when resting every 20 turns you have a % of cure yourself equal as twice your medecine skill plus 10,but is very risky ,you can bleed to death easily).

·clerics.(cheap)

·specific spell (heal wounds,wouldn´t give HP)

·specific item such as needle and thread (expensive)

· powder and fire (easy to find an cheaper) , but would inflict damage to heal it!.

Calculating bleeding wounds, you recieve a bleeding if:

¬Recieve a critical blow ,endurance can save against it, your % chance to save is equal your endurance plus half your concentration.

¬With a piercing trap sprung called "red rain " 50% chance

¬Normal attacks have a really low possibility to deliver a wound (only a 5% or so ), but...
Every 3 points of losed HP´s your chance will go up a 1%.so if have los 30 hp ----> 15% , 60 hp -----> 25 % ,and so on.as same as above you can save against it with the endurance/concentration check).

¬with the sunder flesh spell(not aplicable to EBII though,no cleric enemies)if you recieve this kind of attack, your chance to suffer wound is 6% per casting level , 6%, 12%, 18% ,24% , 30% , 36%, levels 1 , 2, 3 and 4 can be saved with a check , 5 and 6 CANNOT be saved against.

#Recieving damage: Every time you get a bleeding wound you go up a level in it, up to five.

| level 1: 2 Hp / 5 turns. in 25 turns = 10 Hp.
| level 2: 3 Hp / 5 turns. || = 15 Hp.
| level 3: 3 Hp / 4 turns. || = 18 Hp.
| level 4: 4 Hp / 4 turns. || = 24 Hp.
| level 5: 4 Hp / 3 turns. || = 32 Hp.

+medecine skill would reduce a point in damage in 5 , 15 levels and add a turn to recieve damage in 10 and 20 level of skill.(minimum of 1 point of damage )

~Conclusion: Needless to say , high level wounds are essentially mortal unless a high level characters with high skill if you are not well prepared.but as said this would complement a SUPERHARDCORE MODE not a cakewalk one.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Burned mode: burned would be a pain penalty consisting in a small penalty to one of these: dexterity , damage penalty , concentration , endurance armor rating ,and to hit.

How to cure:can be cured with:

-Medecine skill : Your % chance to cureyourself a burn level while camping is 3 times your medecine skill plus 10 every 30 turns while resting.

·specific item:cataplasm (somewhat cheap)

·spell (refreshing touch)

·clerics (really cheap)

Calculating burn wounds:

You recieve a burn wound if:

¬ if you don´t pass a burn check (half of your elemental resistance plus half you endurance.when recieving fire damage in any way.

¬ using powder and fire metode to cure burns ,mentioned above.can be saved

¬ steam traps have a 20% to inflict ,and explosions and fire a 35% , and the "HOT HOT HOT" trap a 50 %.can be saved

¬ a fire dart spell has a 3% per casting level , fireball a 6% per casting level.

# Recieving penalties :

The burn penalties are accumulative and essentially random up to 5 levels of it . every level adds a little penalty ( 1 to 3) into a random attribute . example:

At level 1 you could recieve a penalty to -2 endurance ,level 2 : -1 concentration ,level 3 : -3 damage. etc etc

~Conclusion : Burn are random nuisances that you can get while playing with fire , they bothersome but nothingless.and would add an extra interest to the medecine skill.

Edit: Just forgot to say that, fireball levels 4 , 5 and 6 , CANNOT be saved against .