"The Secret of Fathamurk" FAQ

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Re: "The Secret of Fathamurk" FAQ

Post by Evnissyen »

Fathamurk: While I liked it, again I was bothered by the lack of character-substance. It might sound absurd to say this, but consider:

Not including the protagonist: there're two characters in the Fathamurk extension: The misfortunate adventurer and the complex itself.

The dead adventurer's voice is in the notes he leaves behind, but these notes end without any real revelation as to 1. his character or 2. anything truly revelatory about the complex.

As for the complex-as-character: in the end, it, too, fails to assert itself. I'm not sure, off-hand, how this might come about, but... I thought i'd put it out there.

Call me despicably negative, and a vicious critic: I just want Eschalon to fulfill the enormous potential I see in it.

NOTE: On the plus side: I did like a couple of the puzzles. I love puzzles when they're logic-based puzzles.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
alsgonetroppo
Pledge

Post by alsgonetroppo »

Hi there, Firstly I must commend you on a great game for linux. I have thoroughly enjoyed book 1 and book 2 up to this point. I have a small problem. after 37 hours playing my 15 level mage has done almost every quest on the mainland. but having got through to the 3rd level of fathamurk and working out how to kill the golem (great boss by the way) with the barrels. read the text saying that something fell from the broken pieces... thought I'd quicksave then go and pick it up so I could carry on. However there is nothing in the bag! I can't go back, can't get out because the key/item that it would have dropped just isn't there. Do you have any suggestions how to proceed?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

alsgonetroppo wrote:Hi there, Firstly I must commend you on a great game for linux. I have thoroughly enjoyed book 1 and book 2 up to this point. I have a small problem. after 37 hours playing my 15 level mage has done almost every quest on the mainland. but having got through to the 3rd level of fathamurk and working out how to kill the golem (great boss by the way) with the barrels. read the text saying that something fell from the broken pieces... thought I'd quicksave then go and pick it up so I could carry on. However there is nothing in the bag! I can't go back, can't get out because the key/item that it would have dropped just isn't there. Do you have any suggestions how to proceed?
That sounds like a bug, but not one that I've heard of other people experiencing. So to be clear: you killed the golem, then quick saved, then opened the dropped bag and it was empty, correct? It might help for you to post your saved game here to see if Basilisk Wrangler can figure out what happened.

The good news is that if you don't mind doing something unsupported (and you're a Linux user, so I figure you won't), you can work around the bug. Go grab a copy of xolotl's editor and add an item to your inventory called "Small Candecium Crystal." You don't need to worry about the picture or any other attributes, just the name. Then you should be able to open the door to leave the map.
nigmashumma
Initiate

Post by nigmashumma »

Hello everyone!
I am stuck in Fathamurk dungeon, between closed gates and gates with a trap. The problem is in that thing: trap's damage is deadly, hero have no skill to disarm traps and I have no game saves in other places. Are there any cheats to give hero lots of health or draw disarm skill?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Hey, you were warned about going down there!

Xolotl's editor will let you increase your HP or disarm skill.