"The Secret of Fathamurk" FAQ

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: "The Secret of Fathamurk" FAQ

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

macdude22 wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Lemming23 wrote:Will this work on PPC macs?
No. We had to drop PPC support because some of the tools we use to make the game no longer work on older Macs. I am very sorry if this will impact any of our customers negatively. The decision to drop PPC support will mean better support overall for current Macs.
Given my affinity for all things Apple, and my secondary love for RPGs, and my thirdary love for Basilisk Games, and I think my wife and child are in there some where. Anyway, I would be willing, for the good of the community, to give away one of my spare Intel Minis (old 2006 era, they just crunch seti) in some sort of contest or need based giveaway. Times is rough, and I scrape by better than most (and buy far FAR to many Macs) so call it fate, call it karma, call it what you will. Lets give a needy PPC user the ability to enjoy the future of Basilisk games! :shock:
Wow! Very, very generous, macdude22!!!

If you are serious, let's talk via email and see what we can work out. I'm sure running a contest for a free Intel Mac computer would very welcome.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
jwrickert
Apprentice

Post by jwrickert »

OH NOOOOOOOO!! Dropped PPC??? Rats. I've played through 16 times and was REALLY looking forward to the expansions. But I can't really justify buying a new computer just to play further. Ah well. Back to level 1.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

The emails I get are always interesting to read. I've gotten a number of emails over the past week asking about what will be revealed of the Orakur in the add-on. Rather than respond individually to each email, I'll just post this here and let you all follow along:

In the add-on we will reveal hints about the origin of the Orakur, but there will be no "great revelation" of what the Orakur are until the final game. You are likely to have more questions about the Orakur after you play the add-on, not less.

Maybe some of you will figure it out, maybe not. We just don't want to disappoint anyone who thinks all the secrets will be revealed in this add-on.

Oh, and Fathamurk is a one-way dungeon (like Hammerlorne). Take with you what you need because you can't leave after you enter! :twisted:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Oh, and Fathamurk is a one-way dungeon (like Hammerlorne). Take with you what you need because you can't leave after you enter! :twisted:
You really know how to hit bottom. :)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: Oh, and Fathamurk is a one-way dungeon (like Hammerlorne). Take with you what you need because you can't leave after you enter! :twisted:
Ahh, does that mean we can't go to Hammerlorne afterwards? Or is it one way in until you get kicked out somewhere else and you can't go back in? Think that needs to be clarified.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Dragonlady wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote: Oh, and Fathamurk is a one-way dungeon (like Hammerlorne). Take with you what you need because you can't leave after you enter! :twisted:
Ahh, does that mean we can't go to Hammerlorne afterwards? Or is it one way in until you get kicked out somewhere else and you can't go back in? Think that needs to be clarified.
Sorry for the misunderstanding- I meant, once you start the dungeon, you must continue forth until you finish it. You can't back out and restock your supplies until you complete the puzzling and treacherous dungeon!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding- I meant, once you start the dungeon, you must continue forth until you finish it. You can't back out and restock your supplies until you complete the puzzling and treacherous dungeon!
Then, like Hammerlorne, you can run back through and pick up all the loot you had to leave in bags along the route because you can't carry it all at once? :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
palendrome
Initiate

Post by palendrome »

Cool, so I can just carry on with my saved character into this area then? because I've already blasted my way to that stairwell and it would be nice to have a look :D
palendrome
Initiate

Post by palendrome »

Hang on, Is the add on not compatible with my old powerbook then?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Powerbook = PPC; MacBook = Intel, so no, the expansion and update will not be compatible unfortunately.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
nomo
Initiate

Post by nomo »

i apologise in advance if this has been answered elsewhere...

i know you mention october but is there a release date?
kenoxite
Apprentice

Post by kenoxite »

Thanks for the FAQ.
I'm replaying Book II now with a rogue and just hit lvl16, so it's time to try this new area.

BTW, can you sticky this post, please? It was on the second page when I posted this and this information is quite important. It better not get buried again.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Stickied. I also updated the FAQ just a bit.
RedTonic
Initiate

Post by RedTonic »

Sorry to necropost, but is the Secret included in the current version of Book II available on Steam?

Thanks. :)
kenoxite
Apprentice

Post by kenoxite »

RedTonic wrote:Sorry to necropost, but is the Secret included in the current version of Book II available on Steam?

Thanks. :)
Yes, it is.

Steam has now the 1.05 version, which automatically includes the new content. And this time they updated it about a week after the update here was launched. Unlike with 1.04, which took them three fucking long months to update the game.

Oh, and this is hardly necro :)