Intel Graphics

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Unreal2004
Initiate

Intel Graphics

Post by Unreal2004 »

Ok yes I know that intel integrated graphics suck but really this bad???? I am in Edon now and my performance rating is 49!!!!!!!! Even when set to use DX9 16bit and low res (small screen) it only gets down to 40-43, caves/dungeons are MUCH better at around the mid 20s but jeez it takes SOOOOOOOOOOOO long to walk anywhere. I have an Intel Core 2 Duo @2.1GHz, 4GB ram and that crappy Mobile (yes its a laptop, HP Pavilion DV6-1245DX) Intel 4 Series Express. I get NO difference running DX7/9 or OpenGL its all slow slow slow :(( is there anything that can be done? Also I do not have the means to buy a new computer since this one I bought new last June. Oh and it has Win7 64bit. Any help would be nice, even if its just to say I am screwed :P

:EDIT:
I just now hit a new high......................50!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow LOL
macdude22
Council Member

Re: Intel Graphics

Post by macdude22 »

Unreal2004 wrote:Ok yes I know that intel integrated graphics suck but really this bad????
Yes, they do suck that bad. Any discrite card, ANY, will run circles around Intel's onboard graphics. If you have a PCI Express x16 slot just pick up the cheepest of cheep cards at Newegg and be on your merry way (if not you're sort of boned). I think there were a couple x1 video cards but they were pricy and you're severely limited by the bandwidth on an X1 slot.
macdude22
Council Member

Post by macdude22 »

Ooops I can't read, laptop. You're boned.
Unreal2004
Initiate

Post by Unreal2004 »

macdude22 wrote:Ooops I can't read, laptop. You're boned.
LOL, yeah I have kinda figured that but who knows maybe someone has fiddled with a registry line or some weird driver for this card or even know of a workaround. I just hope such a person exists!! :lol:
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

Just a thought, but you might go to the Intel web site and see if there are new drivers for your motherboard/graphics. HP doesn't always have the newest ones for download I've found. That's the only thing I can think of to help you. Good luck.
Unreal2004
Initiate

Post by Unreal2004 »

Dies a Lot wrote:Just a thought, but you might go to the Intel web site and see if there are new drivers for your motherboard/graphics. HP doesn't always have the newest ones for download I've found. That's the only thing I can think of to help you. Good luck.
I thought the same exact thing and did install the latest drivers right from Intel, if anything I think I need to get an old driver that allows me to change more of the OpenGL/3D settings than the current driver which only gives me 3 options.

:EDIT:
Oh and BTW I have a new high, I just hit 60 in the rating at the area with the Harpys, it took FOREVER to walk from south to north LOL.