Wish List for Book II?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

[quote="PhilosophiX]If you were digging in your garden and found a big gem, would you sell it to the first person who offered you 100 bucks for it: or would you pay for a professional valuation, and then sell it at the market rate?
[/quote]

Good point. There is a skill specific for that in some games. Rogue skills.
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
Aganazer
Apprentice

Post by Aganazer »

PhilosophiX wrote:
Mr Smirk wrote: - Prostitution. Like since there's a war going on, people fled their home and suffer from no economy income especially for woman which force them to do the oldest occupation in the world. Maybe add a quest that allows you to beat the pimp and rescue the hookers or be the next pimp for a stable income :lol:
Last time I checked this was Basilisk Games not Rockstar ;p
Where can I download the Eschalon hot coffee mod? :twisted:
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

RezoApio wrote: Good point. There is a skill specific for that in some games. Rogue skills.
There's one for that in Book I, called Lore. Or you can acheive the same thing with magic, or you can pay the shopkeepers to evaluate it but they are a bit steep!
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Aganazer wrote: Where can I download the Eschalon hot coffee mod? :twisted:
Would that be the hot demon oil mod your thinking? haha
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

Thought of another idea: Why not we have monsters that take up the size of 4 tiles and make them as optional side quests in book 2. Dragons anyone?
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

leonhartt wrote:Thought of another idea: Why not we have monsters that take up the size of 4 tiles and make them as optional side quests in book 2. Dragons anyone?
Why as sidequests? I generally like to see bigger multi-tile monsters. (i think the raptors take up 2 tiles?)
Mr Smirk
Initiate

Post by Mr Smirk »

Maybe a more mature theme? Not just sex and violence but perhaps politics or religion conflict? :D
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Politics and Religion content would both be great, remember what set Ultima 4 ahead of its peers at the time....was choice and consequences regarding a "sort of" religion. Could be very interesting.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

I would agree. Certainly on earth, religion and politics account for most war anyway. Book I had politics. Sex and religion for Book II?
sapper_astro
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by sapper_astro »

Why not just blend the two and go with Religious Sex? That way we can sneak in some more politics without anyone noticing.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

hahaha
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Actually, I think the reason religion implicates sex as a bad thing, is primarily because people are biologically wired towards the opposite; (they want/need it) therefore, if they believe the priests, their very nature will drive them towards conflict - this conflict brings them back to the priest for guidance thus securing the continued importance of the religious institution.

But before organized religion, the earlier religions were very okay with the natural ways of life. You'd have to go Pagan, to do that sex+religion I would imagine - or make up an entirely new religion.

Speaking of making up religions; I'm always impressed by Scientology which was made up by a Science fiction writer, who prior to founding the religion bragged that he was going to make up a religion because it was a surefire way to get rich. Yet people actually join it!

Makes you wonder... doesn't it?
getter77
Senior Steward

Post by getter77 »

I think this'll take the cake for strangest/most unexpected suggestion, but here we go anyways:

http://www.combatkempo.com/Gatka/gatka.htm

In terms of originality, no RPG or perhaps game on the face of this Earth has ever attempted to even incorporate any of the gist of this in terms of a combat style and whatnot. I'd like to think even just cherrypicked elements of it could work very well in an Eschalon-styled setting.

If nothing else, this will probably make BasiliskWrangler raise an eyebrow...and perhaps shake his head in a Mr. T fashion towards the screen.
HydroSqueegee
Pledge

Post by HydroSqueegee »

After reading the thread in the book 1 forum about which weapon type you picked, i got to thinking...

What if damage was expanded into different types of damage. Slashing, Piercing, Bashing or something along those lines. Its been done before in other RPG's and i think it adds a lot to weapon specialty and combat in general. That would make the choice between swords, blunts and axes actually have a difference other than effectiveness on smashing things open and weight. All the weapons would be more or less effective on enemies, depending on what they are. Undead can absorb a blow from a hammer, but lose limbs to a sharp sword.
All in all, the choice of weapon specialty would have a dramatic impact on game play, in turn making it more diverse and fun.
alpha
Steward

Post by alpha »

Dual Daggers
Backstab
Alchemy of more than 2 components
Quickload button

Please.