Wish List for Book II?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
GSV3MiaC
Senior Council Member

Shooting levers (spoilerish)

Post by GSV3MiaC »

Actually I think there are two. One in the Ossuary (but that is not vital to the main quest) and one in the Goblin citadel (which is). The first one opens a gate, the second one prevents an accident. 8>.
Last edited by GSV3MiaC on December 1st, 2007, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Yes you are right. I just now completed the ossuary and saw my mistake.
Nontheless, please more of it! :)
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I would like to see some complex traps as well...that would be neat
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Sakar »

Wish #2:

Ability to use arrow keys to move pin number slider.
BehindTimes
Initiate

Post by BehindTimes »

One thing I would like, sorry if it's been discussed (probably has earlier), is a change to the skill system.

Perhaps don't allow trainers or books to be useable if you don't already know a skill, and treat trainers the same way as books. A book raises your level several points it seems regardless of the level, so maybe allow a trainer to be used 5 times, instead of up to level 5, regardless of the level.

This way, I don't feel so bad about spending my 3 pts vs right now where two people can take the same exact path, and one person can be vastly superior due to allocating the skill points in the correct order. (I realize there are some strategies, but they should be what skills you chose, not did I visit the trainer when I could and read the book after vs reading the book before the trainer.)
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

The book thing was brought up....I agree about this.
Jaesun
Senior Steward

Post by Jaesun »

Sakar wrote:Wish #2:

Ability to use arrow keys to move pin number slider.
I second this. Maybe also a + and - box to the right and left of slider.
Gothmog
Marshall

Post by Gothmog »

A weight-display in the trade-screen.

Names and magic-bonus for unique items. Not just recurved-super-long-bow.......more "Bow of the Defender".

More books and lore to read of Eschalon.

A close-up screen for some special items.
"FUL IR"
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

-would love destructable environments...talked about this and if using the same engine may be possible.
-Critical hit table/selection
-Spell maker ala choose abilities and it will generate a difficulty/spell cost/mana etc....(maybe)
-environmental considerations....like snow...need winter gear....or take damage.
-larger spells, meaning high level ultra cool spells(tm)
-horses?
-epic scale map...think ultima, think distinct cities even just 6 main cities...could really enhance quests.
-some sort of virtue system(back to ultima again) meaning a relegion/higher beings.
-Crafting, could be interesting. Not sure how hard this would be to implement.

Maybe not all of these could make it in book 2.

Did I miss anything?
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

Rune_74 wrote: -horses?
Thats never came to my mind, cool idea. It would provide an elegant solution for the "too slow walking speed" concern some players have.
Mr Smirk
Initiate

Post by Mr Smirk »

My wishlist for Book II

- Add a Run option. Please Crying or Very sad Walking around the jungle is easy to get picked by raptors :shock:

- Prostitution. Like since there's a war going on, people fled their home and suffer from no economy income especially for woman which force them to do the oldest occupation in the world. Maybe add a quest that allows you to beat the pimp and rescue the hookers or be the next pimp for a stable income :lol:

- NPC that follows you. Not to many. 2 is the perfect number here given the game's setting.

- More items! (I can be a munchkin player sometimes Twisted Evil )

- Better dialog option.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Droppable Lantern (source of lights). Instead of using Predator sight, I would love to drop my lantern and fire arrows at the ennemies that pass by.
Could maybe also be droppable torches but with a very limited time of combustion.

I think it has been discussed before let us carry the lantern with our bow in hand. Maybe forcing a turn lost before shooting an arrow ?
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
RezoApio
Marshall

Post by RezoApio »

Do not remember if this has been discussed before.

Currently I have only seen one of it, the chest S T E E L riddle, I would love to see much more of these in Book II.
(Quite a pain for translator but that will make this part of Book II really fun ;-)

Also as mentionned, did enjoy quite a lot the rocks with hidden spot.

Just one thing that is linked, why make the big emerald an unknown object ?
Gardez suffisament d'humour pour ne pas perdre l'esprit au nom de la raison.
Ama la realidad que construyes y ni aun la muerte detendra tu paso.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

Mr Smirk wrote: - Prostitution. Like since there's a war going on, people fled their home and suffer from no economy income especially for woman which force them to do the oldest occupation in the world. Maybe add a quest that allows you to beat the pimp and rescue the hookers or be the next pimp for a stable income :lol:
Last time I checked this was Basilisk Games not Rockstar ;p
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.
PhilosophiX
Marshall

Post by PhilosophiX »

RezoApio wrote: Just one thing that is linked, why make the big emerald an unknown object ?
If you were digging in your garden and found a big gem, would you sell it to the first person who offered you 100 bucks for it: or would you pay for a professional valuation, and then sell it at the market rate?

The unknown item reflects that you would need to either know some lore or pay one of the shop keepers to value it for you, which makes sense.
What is a man, If his chief good and market of his time Be but to sleep and feed? a beast, no more. Sure, he that made us with such large discourse, Looking before and after, gave us not that capability and god-like reason to fust in us unused.