Isle of Tom

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Isle of Tom

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

There goes mean, mean Jedi Learner again. ;-) Love the picture, though.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I'm not sure whether I can trust or believe, this, so I'm not sure if I should try it...

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

And I just finished updating the item location topic a few weekss ago. :)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Vroqren wrote:I'm not sure whether I can trust or believe, this, so I'm not sure if I should try it...
Well, it is April first in some parts of the world... :roll:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Jedi_Learner wrote:Yesterday I was playing around with the map editor created by community member xolotl and to my surprise I found a secret! If you have the Crux of Fire in your possession and step on the dock at the pond east of Eastwillow you get teleported to a secret area.
You know, if there was an inn on that island, I'd totally just hang out there. ;)

Now, your next mission is to figure out which secret grid-square gets you transported into the hidden "Beer" area of that one map!! :!:
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Dragonlady wrote:
Vroqren wrote:I'm not sure whether I can trust or believe, this, so I'm not sure if I should try it...

Aah - it was March 31 for me. Makes sense now.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Vroqren wrote:
Dragonlady wrote:

Aah - it was March 31 for me. Makes sense now.
Also helps to know that Jedi Learner don't need no stinking holiday to play practical jokes with the map editor. ;-)
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Jedi_Learner wrote:Such a pity that a couple of our regulars couldn't wait for a day or until someone was fooled before spoiling the fun. :(
Sorry. :( Would it make you feel better to know that I loaded a game up and ran there to try it before posting? ;-)
---

Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I tried it too because BW mentioned that he was going to use something similar to access another chest.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I promise that Book III will have several super-secret bonus areas. :wink:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:I promise that Book III will have several super-secret bonus areas. :wink:
Can I admit something, then?

I like that kind of thing, but I like it a lot better if there are some kind of hints put around (e.g. something a character says, a 'torn' page/letter with an obscure reference to something that can be found in a drawer or chest somewhere, etc.) to "guide" players to finding those "super-secret bonus areas".

I probably wouldn't enjoy Jedi_L's hypothetical gag here, because having Item X in your inventory while on Grid-Square Y unexpectedly transporting you to secret area Z is significantly less satisfying than putting half-a-dozen clues together to figure out that you need to have Item X in your inventory while on Grid-Square Y so that you can then transport yourself to secret area Z.

Just (another!) $0.02 from me! :shock:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

IJBall wrote:I like that kind of thing, but I like it a lot better if there are some kind of hints put around...
Totally agree. I wouldn't put completely obscure secrets in the game that have no chance of anyone discovering them.

...except for maybe one. One absolutely impossible secret that only I know of, which I would reveal on the one-year anniversary of Book III's release. :D
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:...except for maybe one. One absolutely impossible secret that only I know of, which I would reveal on the one-year anniversary of Book III's release. :D
And I'm definitely cool with that! :lol:

However, I'm pretty confident that the super-fans around here would discover your "absolutely impossible secret that only [you] know of" within two months of Book III's release, and "spoil" your surprise... :cry: :wink:
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

IJBall wrote:
BasiliskWrangler wrote:...except for maybe one. One absolutely impossible secret that only I know of, which I would reveal on the one-year anniversary of Book III's release. :D

However, I'm pretty confident that the super-fans around here would discover your "absolutely impossible secret that only [you] know of" within two months of Book III's release, and "spoil" your surprise... :cry: :wink:
That sounds like a challenge!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
IJBall wrote:

That sounds like a challenge!
What will happen is Jedi Learner will post some and BW will put them in later versions to confuse the issue. :)