Eschalon music heard at a mummy exhibit!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Eschalon music heard at a mummy exhibit!

Post by xolotl »

So earlier today I had taken a trip over to Milwaukee to go see a big ol' exhibit with mummies, and was rather surprised to find some very familiar music playing in the background in one area of it. Was certainly a bit surprising! That track can be found playing in the background all around Mistfell.

I feel I should add more, but that's it really. I now return you to your regularly-scheduled [whenever_you're_reading_this].
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Eschalon music heard at a mummy exhibit!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Ha, that's sweet! The guy who runs Incompetech has been very generous with letting people use his music- I've heard his tracks in a lot of places.

This might be a good place to mention: it looks like we've acquired the talent behind the Book I and Book II themes (Borislav Slavov) to do the majority of Book III's music. He has become somewhat popular since working with us on the previous two games - he recently finished the Crysis 2 soundtrack with Hanz Zimmmer. I was very worried that he would be too busy (or too expensive) to help us on Book III, but he loves Eschalon and has agreed to work us in to his schedule in 2012...so expect a major kick-ass soundtrack for final Eschalon game!! :mrgreen:
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

That is great news! The soundtrack of a game doesn't get a lot of attention on forums like this, but it is important to set a good feel, and the music in Eschalon does that.
I'd like to take my hat off for Borislav Slavov, and say thank you for staying with the game!

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Xolotl,

At least it wasn't the music from Westwillow or you might have had to go looking for the Prospector.

And, BW, that is VERY cool.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:it looks like we've acquired the talent behind the Book I and Book II themes (Borislav Slavov) to do the majority of Book III's music.
Awesome! Great news, indeed.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

I think the music for Books I and II has been amazing. It so sets the mood and is just beautiful. This is great news!!!
Akiva
Initiate

Post by Akiva »

One of the things that won me over on Eschalon Book II (having never played Book I) was the music. It's more important than some people give it credit for.
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44Fq27rV ... E50BF413C5

At 40 second, do you recognise Eschalon Book theme ?

BasiliskWrangler, ready to sue Ghibli and get millions for EB III ? :mrgreen:
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Ha, that's sweet! The guy who runs Incompetech has been very generous with letting people use his music- I've heard his tracks in a lot of places.

This might be a good place to mention: it looks like we've acquired the talent behind the Book I and Book II themes (Borislav Slavov) to do the majority of Book III's music. He has become somewhat popular since working with us on the previous two games - he recently finished the Crysis 2 soundtrack with Hanz Zimmmer. I was very worried that he would be too busy (or too expensive) to help us on Book III, but he loves Eschalon and has agreed to work us in to his schedule in 2012...so expect a major kick-ass soundtrack for final Eschalon game!! :mrgreen:
Wonderful! Great news to read after getting out of the hospital! 8)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: to work us in to his schedule in 2012...
This was the only part that wasn't good news since it implies late 2012 or later for Book 3. :(