Newbie Tips (Night/Darkness)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Newbie Tips (Night/Darkness)

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

We have a bunch of new players since the PC World review was publsihed, and one of the most common questions I am getting is what to do about night/darkness.

These are basic tips for beginners that work with either Book 1 or Book 2:

As for needing light:
- Take torches off the walls when you see them. Click the torch icon to light a torch in your inventory.
- You can purchase lanterns, which will give even more light than torches.
- The spell "Cat's Eyes" will give you low-light vision, helping you boost any light source you are holding.
- The spell "Gravedigger's Flame" will give you magic light anytime you need it.

Camping/Night tips:
- Until you have more light sources and are stronger, stay at inns to avoid travel at night. It can get dangerous out there in the dark!
- Walk around and try to camp on different spaces (map squares). You will be prevented from camping if there are obstacles in your way such as weeds, trees, stumps, water, or a monster near by. You need a clean, dry, open area to pitch a tent.
- If you need to wait out the dark, pressing the SPACE BAR will pass one turn. If you press it enough, you'll see that time is passing and eventually the sun will rise.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Newbie Tips (Night/Darkness)

Post by MyGameCompany »

Also, a Predator Sight spell or potion will enable you to see enemies in the dark and drastically reduce your combat penalty for fighting in darkness. This also puts you at an advantage, since enemies still have the darkness penalty applied to them.

Combine that with the Hide in Shadows skill (or a cloak or ring that provides it) and you can use the darkness to your advantage! :D
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Jedi_Learner wrote:You can also use Demon Oil to light up an area next to you for a short period.
Yep, good for keeping your enemies at a distance and lighting them up for easy target practice if you're playing an archery type.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Cuebramola
Initiate

Post by Cuebramola »

If you need to spend the might by not camping but using the space bar, you can hold down t and then time keeps going and if you are wearing a shield it goes even faster when you hold 't'.