(Book II Mod) Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: (Book II Mod) Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open

Post by raverdave2k »

Yeah,

Start a new game and save

Navigate to the save game folder and you will find several folders named SlotXX.

Open up the correct slot folder for the game you just saved and copy the contents of the zip in, overwrite any files if requested.

Reload your save and your good to go.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

I've found quite a few serious bugs in both your Tower and Treasure maps. Holes in boarders allow character to enter zones between maps with no movement possible; clicking on certain objects cause an instant crash; maps which do not remember character's previous visit.

Be gald to detail these items. Will check back later.

PIF
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

GChrisSfish21 wrote:I've found quite a few serious bugs in both your Tower and Treasure maps. Holes in boarders allow character to enter zones between maps with no movement possible; clicking on certain objects cause an instant crash; maps which do not remember character's previous visit.

Be gald to detail these items. Will check back later.

PIF
Hi,

Any details you can provide would be appreciated and I'll get straight on to fixing them up. Are you running the latest versions of both of these?

Cheers
Dave
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

Treasure_Of_The_Orakur-v1.01
Lower Yoma Valley - Map hole to forest and mountain grey in area below lower chest; in several places in upper right as you enter there are passages through the mountain borders into the grey, trapped no movement possible - unless teleport instantly will crash game. Also there is one in the upper spider area forest.

Yona River Headwater - map bug: map blank (unexplored), enemies renew, chests remain with contents - you can generate unlimited powder cages and wolf carcasses with repeated entry.

Port_Kuudad_Tower_v1.04
Passing through the mayor's office into the large room with the two large browish wardrobes - clicking on the one on the left causes crash with bad address. The one on the right may also.

I've found the steel door and stove in Lower Yoma Valley and an other end(?) in Broken Blade, the Frozen Key in Dunmore (which can't defrost - unless that has something to do with the stove), and Key bits (only once, but I do not remember where or who is the "friend" to see) - I have no idea what to do with these things as no NPC seems to know anything. Runing Level 22 with cartography at 17.

I have no idea how to get to the stairs down to the room with the two guards and the switch in the sewer.

macMini 3,1

Chris
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

GChrisSfish21 wrote:Treasure_Of_The_Orakur-v1.01
Lower Yoma Valley - Map hole to forest and mountain grey in area below lower chest; in several places in upper right as you enter there are passages through the mountain borders into the grey, trapped no movement possible - unless teleport instantly will crash game. Also there is one in the upper spider area forest.

Yona River Headwater - map bug: map blank (unexplored), enemies renew, chests remain with contents - you can generate unlimited powder cages and wolf carcasses with repeated entry.

Port_Kuudad_Tower_v1.04
Passing through the mayor's office into the large room with the two large browish wardrobes - clicking on the one on the left causes crash with bad address. The one on the right may also.
Thanks for the info, I will start looking into it this afternoon.
GChrisSfish21 wrote: I've found the steel door and stove in Lower Yoma Valley and an other end(?) in Broken Blade, the Frozen Key in Dunmore (which can't defrost - unless that has something to do with the stove), and Key bits (only once, but I do not remember where or who is the "friend" to see) - I have no idea what to do with these things as no NPC seems to know anything. Runing Level 22 with cartography at 17.

The two doors you have found do in fact lead to seperate places (there is a third as well), each of the three maps with the doors have either a key or key pieces to find, all of which need something doing to them before they can be used to open there respective doors.

For the two keys this something is in the same map as the key, for the key pieces you need to travel to another map to deal with (the friend mentioned for them is Keebo who will likely be the first npc you met in the game).
GChrisSfish21 wrote: I have no idea how to get to the stairs down to the room with the two guards and the switch in the sewer.
Those stairs lead into / from the basement of Port Kuudad Tower.

raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

GChrisSfish21 wrote:Treasure_Of_The_Orakur-v1.01
Was this happening for you every time you exited / reentered? I've just re downloaded and installed my mod on a fresh game and I am unable to replicate this problem.

Has anyone one else played through this yet who can let me know if they had a similar problem?

GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

Was this happening for you every time you exited / reentered?
Yoma Headwater Map: Oddly enough no. It just isn't happening - at least not today.

The holes in the Lower Yoma map are near the top on the right as you enter - where there is only one mountain tile and another hole just above it.

I forgot to mention I did find the Dunmore door. I've looted the entire town and found nothing unusual on one try. On another try asked each of the four main NPCs to no avail.

I just threw the Lower Yoma switch - the one under the trees at the bottom. Don't know what this changes - am reexploring again.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

I'm having trouble as well with the Treasure of the Orakur mod; the Port Kuudad tower worked just fine and I got tons of loot :D

For the Lower Yoma Valley key, I presume the bucket of "nice cold water" is to quench the fire in the stove and get the key (the "glint of metal") out, but I can't pick it up. I've left-clicked, right-clicked, clicked on the rocks beside it (and quenched my thirst) and stared really hard at it for a bit, and nothing doing.

The Durnore key is the same - right-clicking says bring it to the nearest village to scrape the frost off, but when I do, no-one there knows anything about it.

The key fragments, when I right-click on it, say "Bring it to your friend xx" (and that's exactly the message, no mention of Keebo). I tried every blacksmith in every region, and they all come back with "I can't repair that, ask someone else".
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

The key fragments, you need to click on Keebo's anvil.

The rest I'm still trying to figure out as well. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
munster
Senior Steward

Post by munster »

Ah, the anvil! I never thought of that, thanks!

Also by pure chance I discovered how to melt the frozen key - in Durnore, at the back of the smithy, up in the top of the map there's a well and beside it a fire is burning with a pot in it. Click on the fire, the frozen key is dropped in, and you get a sapphire key in return.

Now I have two keys on my keyring (the sapphire and ruby keys) and I just have to work out how to get that Yoma Valley key. Then I just have to work out what to do with them :wink:
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Right there is a new version of both now up, hopefully things are sorted. In order to keep things organised I have responded to the issues regarding the Tresure of the Orakur on that mods thread.

GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

The latest version (Port_Kuudad_Tower_v1.05) still has these two brownish crash objects reach through the mayor's office - the room with the food bins.
Clicking on either will do the trick. Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS).

Tried to upload screen shot but file was too large - reducing the file size but "board attachment quota has been reaached".
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

GChrisSfish21 wrote:The latest version (Port_Kuudad_Tower_v1.05) still has these two brownish crash objects reach through the mayor's office - the room with the food bins.
Clicking on either will do the trick. Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS).
Whoops :oops:
Just uploaded version 1.06 uploaded this should now be fixed :)

I had misunderstood which objects were causing the crash and fixed the wrong thing. I had thought you ment these wardrobes:

I see now you ment these ovens downstairs:

GChrisSfish21
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by GChrisSfish21 »

Yep. They's them.
sapientCrow
Steward

Post by sapientCrow »

Found a strange one with this MOD.
If I right click the original weapon I can duplicate the weapon infinitely.
Another issue similar to this is that with the weapon knuckles equipped after being saved it shows my weight at 196696.2 Ultimately it registers a whole lot of duplicates in one item. When I throw the knuckles away it just continues to show the animation for discarding the item.

I initially could not sell them but now I can. Using the method above I have access to limitless funds if I wait out the merchant restock.