(Book II Mod) Treasure Of The Orakur

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: (Book II Mod) Treasure Of The Orakur

Post by MyGameCompany »

raverdave2k wrote:
munster wrote:Any chance of another mod in the meantime? :P
Glad you've enjoyed them and I appreciate the feedback, I'm working on a little something for Fallout 3 at the moment but once thats done, I'll turn my attention back to Eschalon and see what I can come up with (suggestions welcome)
I always thought the area south of your house (with the destroyed bridge and the merchant who gives you the quest to take word back to Port Kuudad) was rather barren. I'd love to be able to cross that river and explore the other side. I always imagined there might be a few Taurax scouts lurking, and maybe a Taurax encampment, some homes/farms they've destroyed, etc. In a way, the player would be sneaking behind enemy lines - lots of story ideas there.

(Depending on how ambitious you want to be with that, the Eschalon World Map shows that area bumps up against the Mighty Mountains to the south, with Bastion Spire on the other side. Might be fun to have to travel to Bastion Spire to recover something from the Taurax occupiers...)

Likewise, the Amireth grasslands and lava fields are pretty barren. It would be nice to add some more maps there for other parts of the grasslands (where it currently tells you you can't go). The Eschalon world map shows a village on the northeast coast called Pomedore. On the west coast north of Picaroon Isle is the Boiling Bay, with some forested areas and 2 key features: The Great Rift Zone and Shadow Mountain. I'd love to see what those are all about.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Well, you can cross that river, by way of the dam. You just can't get down the other shore as far as that destroyed bridge.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

I also wondered why there was a nice bit of land with a camp and I'm sure at least one chest thant you could never get to.

I guess I'll have see about adding something over there, perhaps some nice ruins / dungeon, maybe with a backway into West Willow.
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by MyGameCompany »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Well, you can cross that river, by way of the dam. You just can't get down the other shore as far as that destroyed bridge.
Right. That's what I meant.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

raverdave2k wrote:I also wondered why there was a nice bit of land with a camp and I'm sure at least one chest thant you could never get to.

I guess I'll have see about adding something over there, perhaps some nice ruins / dungeon, maybe with a backway into West Willow.
You can get to that camp and the chests. It's not obvious because of the isometric view, but you can walk along the shore to that camp.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
shylo32
Apprentice

Post by shylo32 »

:? Where is the unoccupied property in Eastwillow that the trail can be picked up? I cannot find anything different in Eastwillow. Can this be done near the beginning of the game or do I have to be at a certain point?

Started a new character and installed both mods, have not got to Port K yet

Never mind, duh, should have overwritten 2 of the files, so the mistake is mine as usual. Knew it had to be the place beside Wendy, didn't have the proper file so didn't find it until I reloaded some files. :oops:
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Glad to hear you have now resolved and picked up the trail, hope you enjoy the additions :)
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

Thanks for this mod. i've got both rings but that.....
[+] SPOILER
North Durnore machine isn't responding. Help Please...
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Glad your enjoying it :)
[+] SPOILER
I'm thinking you talking about having two of the coloured rings you get from the each of the locked rooms scattered about the land?

If so there are in fact three of those to be found which is likely why your having a problem if trying to get through the final area with only two. It souond' lik one of your rings has opened the first barrier but the other ring your carrying is for the last barrier not the second one so that machine there won't accept it.

leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

Yup i got two rings so far & i really enjoyed playing it. Found some new areas to explore so im happy with this mod :)
[+] SPOILER
Sapphire & Emerald. i got no clue for the 3rd one. Where to look for it ? at 1st i thought about meeting captured Orakur in Talushorn but again i remembered Talushorn was not on your list so doesn't make any sense meeting him. Need help on the 3rd one...
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

It's been a while since I've played through this and I don't have the game / editor installed at the moment to check which is which so I'll go ahead and list where you can pick up the trail for all of them.

Number 1:
[+] SPOILER
Durnore region, same map as the town
[+] SPOILER
Head north from the town gate looking under trees.
Number 2:
[+] SPOILER
Broken blade.
[+] SPOILER
Check the house south of the dock.
Number 3:
[+] SPOILER
Brand new map,just follow the Yoma River all the way to the west.
[+] SPOILER
Holiday home.

leonxim
Apprentice

Post by leonxim »

Going to PM you fresh images of three locations.
[+] SPOILER
i found 2 rings at Number 1 & 3 regarding above reply. At Number 2 only got key fragments which already got fixed at the anvil.i guess it was a Ruby ring which should've been a Sapphire ring. This bug has already been discussed earlier here.

Edited later:- PM Sent. Please check your Private Message.
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Post by raverdave2k »

Hi all,

Sorry this has been down for a while. I have now re-uploaded this as an attachment to the original post.

Cheers
Dave

Hexhammer
Apprentice

Post by Hexhammer »

This is thread necromancy, but heck, I would so much want to play this mod... For some reason, it appears that the attached file is corrupt somehow, I can't unpack it or do anything with it. Winrar sure opens it and shows the files, but complains about the end of the file being somehow borked. Does anyone have this mod downloaded so you could share it with me? I've never got to play this one before and would love to try it.
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

Hexhammer wrote: September 25th, 2020, 8:09 amThis is thread necromancy, but heck, I would so much want to play this mod... For some reason, it appears that the attached file is corrupt somehow, I can't unpack it or do anything with it.
Necromancy indeed! I've been away from this for too long. :) Anyway, yeah, can confirm that it looks like that to me as well. I do have a downloaded copy of this from back in the day, so I'll re-post it here and we'll see if that works okay. What's happening, btw, is it looks like something might have started to treat the file as if it's a text file, and changed a two-byte sequence (at 0x0B79C) which is supposed to be "0D 0A" (ie: a Windows-style text line ending) to the one-byte 0A (ie: a UNIX-style text line ending). I imagine this must've happened during a forum upgrade or migration or something.

Anyway, let's see if this one does any better!

Edit: Yep, looks like this link should be fine. Enjoy!
Attachments
Treasure_Of_The_Orakur-v1.04.zip
(130.3 KiB) Downloaded 409 times