Westwillow chest

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
bossonova
Initiate

Westwillow chest

Post by bossonova »

I have a couple problems with a chest east of the prospector location. This chest is protected by 3 balls of lightning. I have tried to bash the chest in cause i am using a mage lvl 13 but i get fried by the lightning. What is in this chest and how/what is the best strategy to get in it?
raverdave2k
Senior Council Member

Re: Westwillow chest

Post by raverdave2k »

I don't actualy remember that chest from my play throughs but just had a look with the map editor and it contains one item named Wraithbiter, don't know what that is though?
My modifications for Eschalon Book I: RaverDave's Book I Mod
My modifications for Eschalon Book II: Port Kuudad Tower - Now Open, Treasure Of The Orakur

All previous versions avaliable here
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

bossonova wrote:I have a couple problems with a chest east of the prospector location. This chest is protected by 3 balls of lightning. I have tried to bash the chest in cause i am using a mage lvl 13 but i get fried by the lightning. What is in this chest and how/what is the best strategy to get in it?
You need to cast Element Armor on yourself to protect you from the bolts. Wraithbiter is a piercing weapon, one of the better named weapons, but if you don't use them, it's good money to sell it.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

By "Named Weapons" you can assume that their very good. I think most if not all of them do more damage according to your level.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I think I've successfully looted that chest in every play through. Usually it's with element armor (almost a mandatory spell, what with the Hallows of Abigor map and the Fathamurk expansion), but I just suffered through the damage with my no magic, super-high Endurance melee fighter.
2toTheSky
Initiate

Post by 2toTheSky »

I've got a paladin build but I focus more on divination and can't learn elemental armor yet but I noticed when I used stone skin I seemed to get a lot of saves against the DMG but I still had to back off and rest a few times to get through cus I'm a gold hoarder lol.. I use swords And the named weapons are worth selling
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

2toTheSky wrote:I've got a paladin build but I focus more on divination and can't learn elemental armor yet but I noticed when I used stone skin I seemed to get a lot of saves against the DMG but I still had to back off and rest a few times to get through cus I'm a gold hoarder lol.. I use swords And the named weapons are worth selling
Focused on Divination, if you have Mystic Hammer it's only a couple casts to bash that chest open from a distance. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.