Are Critial Hits based on your weapon ?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Are Critial Hits based on your weapon ?

Post by deathknight1728 »

Im noticing that i have been getting alot more critical hits on my sword ever since i reached lvl 3 and 10 sword skill. Are weapon critical hits based on your weapon skill in general or are they just randomized?
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Are Critial Hits based on your weapon ?

Post by Randomizer »

Critical hits are based upon you getting a high number when you hit. Since you have an easier time hitting, the number of times you hit goes up,
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Randomizer wrote:Critical hits are based upon you getting a high number when you hit. Since you have an easier time hitting, the number of times you hit goes up.
I actually wonder if DeathKnight is right about this, though - in Book I, the 'Critical Hit' frequency did seem to be tied into the number of levels possessed in a Weapons Skill, quite aside from whatever the ToHit %'ages were. (This does not seem to be the case in Book II from what I've seen however...) Anyway, in my most recent Book I playthrough, when I got my character up to Level 24 in Bows, I was 'Critical Hitting' a lot, more than if it was just ToHit %'age dependent...
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Hmm..so dodge might give you better chances to critically hit based on hit chances and weaponskill. Not bad, not bad at all.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum