Book II: How about ...

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
redspark
Initiate

Book II: How about ...

Post by redspark »

a community quest design contest? Members of the community can design and submit their ideas. Only the winner is guaranttee to have their quest included in the game but other entries may be implemented too.

Of course, this might be more headache than it's worth but fun for everyone else. ;)
feyuey
Initiate

Post by feyuey »

not a bad idea!

or maybe something where the winner gets to be in the game as an npc or something.
Last edited by feyuey on January 16th, 2020, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
agnari
Senior Steward

Post by agnari »

i could remind you of M&M IV where after all the carping Scorpia did she got entered into the game. Looking like a 300lb denizen of a street corner light post complete with pearls and fishnet stockings.

being as in RL she's a powerful adventurer, they gave here 1 or less hit points so just swinging at the monster killed her.
Adventuring my way thru RPGs one pixel at a time.
redspark
Initiate

Post by redspark »

*chuckle* I remember in Ultima 7 or 8 they had an npc contest where everyone applied to be an NPC in the world.

However, it might give some deversity for the game designer to pull from. :)
PaSquall
Steward

Post by PaSquall »

They did something like that recently for Runaway 2, where some contestants were included as NPCs in the game.
vid
Senior Steward

Post by vid »

I would take part.
Also i would love to implement that quest / location myself, if we would get that chance through an editor or something.