Book 2 now on onlive

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Morbideel
Initiate

Book 2 now on onlive

Post by Morbideel »

I noticed this was released yesterday in the onlive playpack.

Great game so far, as I thought it would be, but it has unfortunately been buried in the playpack as it doesn't show in the new releases for some reason and only after opening the playpack and then sorting by release date as the default sort is alphabetically.

I'm hoping this doesn't fall under the radar of the onlive community. It was noted as released on the onlive fans website which I am pleased about so anyone who uses that website for news will at least know about it now.

I am so glad it made it to onlive personally though. Now I can enjoy it using my onlive console on the big tv :)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Book 2 now on onlive

Post by Dragonlady »

Jedi_Learner wrote:http://onlivefans.com/news/painkiller-r ... rrow/7017/

Why have OnLive put up a joke review for Eschalon: Book II? It seems Maurice Handler couldn't spend two minutes of his precious time to check the YouTube video.

That was a joke review? What a stupid thing to do!!!! Not to mention a disservice to gamers. Grrrrrrr :evil:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I spoke with OnLive about it. The information and video is on a site called "OnLive Fans", which Onlive says is not owned, controlled or endorsed by them. It is an independent site.

Either way, yeah, it was a shitty move by someone at OnLive Fans who obviously prefers a mindless shooter over an old-school RPG.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Morbideel
Initiate

Post by Morbideel »

I left a comment along with some other people regarding this 'joke' review being linked to from their news section. Hopefully it will get fixed.

In the mean time at least that review is obviously by someone without the erm.... Enthusiasm for this kind of game and it does come over that way rather than making you feel the game is rubbish.

It wouldn't have put me off trying it anyway because I already subscribe to the playpack so it's no extra money for me to try the game for myself and if I'm enjoying use my playpack time to play though it :)
KillingMoon
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by KillingMoon »

Morbideel wrote:I left a comment along with some other people regarding this 'joke' review being linked to from their news section. Hopefully it will get fixed.

In the mean time at least that review is obviously by someone without the erm.... Enthusiasm for this kind of game and it does come over that way rather than making you feel the game is rubbish.
Good action to post a comment! I thought about it, but then, Onlive I had never even heard of until now, and I didn't feel like figuring out how their crappy website worked and stuff and... well, I just didn't care enough about this, I suppose.

I believe Jedi Learner posted here that the video review is indeed meant as a kind of joke, more like a parody on that type of shallow 'reviews' which you see plenty of on YouTube.
I admit I didn't 'get' that first time either, on YouTube can more or less expect anything, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone posted a video like this and was serious about it. Jedi Learner said that the guy who did it actually thinks Eschalon is a good game. I'm guessing that must be with a bit more background info.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

KillingMoon wrote:
Morbideel wrote:I left a comment along with some other people regarding this 'joke' review being linked to from their news section. Hopefully it will get fixed.

Good action to post a comment! I thought about it, but then, Onlive I had never even heard of until now, and I didn't feel like figuring out how their crappy website worked and stuff and... well, I just didn't care enough about this, I suppose.

I believe Jedi Learner posted here that the video review is indeed meant as a kind of joke, more like a parody on that type of shallow 'reviews' which you see plenty of on YouTube.
I admit I didn't 'get' that first time either, on YouTube can more or less expect anything, so it wouldn't surprise me if someone posted a video like this and was serious about it. Jedi Learner said that the guy who did it actually thinks Eschalon is a good game. I'm guessing that must be with a bit more background info.
The problem with that video review is that, to get that it's a joke, you have to get almost to the end of the video, and it's really not that interesting so most people won't watch that far.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:The problem with that video review is that, to get that it's a joke, you have to get almost the end of the video, and it's really not that interesting so most people won't watch that far.
Or read the reviewer's comment on YouTube, where he says "I was joking, it's a good game."

Unfortunately, no one clicks through to the original YouTube video.
Morbideel
Initiate

Post by Morbideel »

On the plus side I can praise onlive for their delivery of this game. It runs perfectly and is a joy to play on the service.

Now my only problem seems to be finding enough arrows in the shops.......
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

This is why you want to level up to use the bow feat which always hits and does more damage as soon as possible (level 2 if you hold back skill points for when you level up). Once you have a feat you can use it and then retreat until you can use it again to reduce the number of arrows and increase the damage done with each shot.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Morbideel wrote:On the plus side I can praise onlive for their delivery of this game. It runs perfectly and is a joy to play on the service.

I really know nothing of the OnLive service, but it says "OnLive delivers high-end video games from the cloud to your PC, Mac®, TV and even mobile devices ..." So, has anyone played Eschalon on an iPad, iPhone or through a game console on their TV?
Morbideel
Initiate

Post by Morbideel »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
Morbideel wrote:On the plus side I can praise onlive for their delivery of this game. It runs perfectly and is a joy to play on the service.

I really know nothing of the OnLive service, but it says "OnLive delivers high-end video games from the cloud to your PC, Mac®, TV and even mobile devices ..." So, has anyone played Eschalon on an iPad, iPhone or through a game console on their TV?
I use onlives micro console on my tv. It cost me £35 and I got pes2012 for free.

Eschelon look great on it :) - I can also carry playing using my mac if the mrs wants to watch tv as you play the same game on all devices.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Oh, Onlive is a cloud gaming service. The games run on remote servers, which read your input and display the game's output. That's a pretty neat idea, really, and probably works better with low frame rate games like Eschalon than first-person shooters.

I'd love to play Eschalon on an iPad. Anybody do that yet?