book locations (random?)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

book locations (random?)

Post by kelticpete »

I played eschalon 2 over a year ago. I had a lot of fun figuring out what abilities to start with and which ones to buy, and I remember there were skill books but I am having trouble finding a place on the web that lists their locations in the game.

I thought i saw something like that on these boards but "location" and "book" bring a ton of results.

are the book locations random? if not, does someone know where I can find the books?
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: book locations (random?)

Post by Randomizer »

Most book locations are random with certain merchants in Eastwillow and Port Kuudad usually having the same ones appearing more often if you check in every week. Port Kuudad tends to have ones for elemental and divine skills and the thief ones. Eastwillow is some armor and piercing weapons.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Port K shops also often have the Merchant book, alchemy book, cartography book, and foraging book.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Some books are extremely rare. I believe I have seen the dodge training book and lore training book only once during my games. I have never seen the Hide in Shadows training book.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I'm pretty sure there's no different rarities for different books. You probably just got unlucky.