light sources, darkness, and archery

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
kelticpete
Council Member

light sources, darkness, and archery

Post by kelticpete »

I just started playing a ranger. I went down into a very dark area to fight rats, and can't have a torch equipped while I use bow.

is there a way to drop a lit torch?

or a way to have a light source on my person while fighting with a bow?
Pax,

Pete

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is the Great Pink Vorpal Bunny. Copy and paste Pink Vorpal Bunny on your signature to help gain Pink Vorpal Bunny gain world domination!
LethalBlade
Apprentice

Re: light sources, darkness, and archery

Post by LethalBlade »

A Cat's Eyes potion or a light spell will do the trick. There's no way to drop a lit torch aside from putting it into a empty wall sconce.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Demon oil makes a substitute if you don't plan on moving for a few rounds. :)

Putting or training a few levels of elemental or divination to get predator sight or cat's eyes helps.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Randomizer wrote:Putting or training a few levels of elemental or divination to get predator sight or cat's eyes helps.
Don't forget perhaps Alchemy for Cat's eye potions - If you're going to do that though, get at least like 3 Foraging too.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Speaking of cat's eyes spell, if i am atheistic does cat's eyes count as a blessing to use? Im making a rogue that emphasis hide and night fighting and i just want to use that spell for it.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

deathknight1728 wrote:Speaking of cat's eyes spell, if i am atheistic does cat's eyes count as a blessing to use? Im making a rogue that emphasis hide and night fighting and i just want to use that spell for it.
I don't think any spells count, though I could be wrong. I rarely play as mage, so I don't know a ton about spells, but I always play as an atheist, and I think the only 'blessing' it stops you from getting is like healings from a cleric in towns.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Vroqren wrote:
deathknight1728 wrote:Speaking of cat's eyes spell, if i am atheistic does cat's eyes count as a blessing to use? Im making a rogue that emphasis hide and night fighting and i just want to use that spell for it.
I don't think any spells count, though I could be wrong. I rarely play as mage, so I don't know a ton about spells, but I always play as an atheist, and I think the only 'blessing' it stops you from getting is like healings from a cleric in towns.
Atheists are immune to healing from clerics (but not own healing) and the immunity to blessings really does mean immunity to the spell 'bless'. No other spells count as a blessing (or atleast that's what I think).