Eschalon: Book II Walkthrough

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Book II Walkthrough

Post by Lord_P »

Yes, I learned that one from these very forums long before I was a member of them.

Hmm... Reminds me that it's been one year since I registered. Time sure goes fast.
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

OK, the door without a lock to melt did require a diamond key dropped by a lava slug I killed. hmmm. Thank you so much for telling me to take of my pants and shoes before going in lava pools! Dear lord, I just had a truly silly thought of someone taking that instruction literally… :shock: By the way, it's easy to save the powder kegs from the powder keg room. Go straight through the room to the lava pool and the slugs will follow you. If you kill them outside the room the powder kegs are still useful for killing off the assassin stalks in path of greatest resistance.

I've gotten good at saving my character with clear titles before I try something I'm unsure about. That way I can try various methods at the same time and proceed with the version that worked best. Now on to the stone Golem! Charge!!!
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

I hope I don't need the plasma wand much later since I had to use it on the stone golem. It didn't seem to get me anywhere using my sword or axe, and my unarmed combat is only level 1. I did a sort of jack of all trades character since I didn't know until fairly late in the game that I could buy a bunch of skills. I did manage to get almost everything out of Fathamurk with the help of a 'mighty ring' w/ a +3 strength, the 'stonebreaker amulet' w/ a +2 strength, and the ogre spell. My base strength was a 47 and my character was level 22 'supreme archmaster' .

Now I'm working on blundering around in Talushorn level 2 until I figure out how to get somewhere beyond the gates and the archery range. I killed the 2 Taurax with a distance spell, but I have yet to figure out how to get on the other side of the fence or over to the chest that's towards the middle of the halls. hmmm
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

Is there a way to open either of the gates in this area that aren't obvious?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I'm not sure exactly what gates you're talking about, though as far as the fenced area, powder kegs work wonders. There should be some on that floor, and if not, I believe that at that point, you can still return to get them from somewhere else.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

You are correct sir… Took me a while to find the powder keg since I blew up the first one trying to breach a door. :wink:
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

Everyone will get a good laugh out of this. Being new to the RPG world, I make some obvious errors, and get a laugh out of it myself. So, I have been playing with a character who had acquired the skill feat of masterful riposte for quite a while feeling pretty good about it. I just now figured out it wasn't automatic and that I need to hold down the shift key to use it. Mind you I also just spoke with the captive Orakur. Definitely worth a few laughs!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

That's nothing:
The first time I played through, I thought that the icon 'Skill Feat Riposte' was a disease or something I had contracted. I couldn't figure out what I had done to get it, until I moused over it. Only then did I realize it was Skill 'Feat' Riposte, not Skill 'Feet' Riposte.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

I like that one. :wink: I have managed to get through General Ghorr on level 4 Talushorn… now I just need to figure out the combination lock on the chests. There has to be something good to have that many enemies guarding it! Maybe even the crux of ages or a way to get it.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

mwindsong wrote:I like that one. :wink: I have managed to get through General Ghorr on level 4 Talushorn… now I just need to figure out the combination lock on the chests. There has to be something good to have that many enemies guarding it! Maybe even the crux of ages or a way to get it.
If you mean the combination to the door, it's at your feet. And Ghorr should have dropped a key to the other door.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
mwindsong
Apprentice

Post by mwindsong »

I finished as a male virtuous fighter and that was a blast. Now, I'm going through as a female nefarious ranger. Interestingly enough, the virtuous fighter could get away with almost anything in terms of theft without ever getting the others upset mostly. My nefarious ranger is instantly suspect and can't get away with much. lol. This time I'll get to do a few more things in the game now that I know what not to toss out or sell! :mrgreen:
foolknight
Pledge

Post by foolknight »

[color=#BF3Me
000]I cant get past floor 2 help me please...[/color]
Last edited by foolknight on July 8th, 2013, 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Are we talking about Floor 2 of Talushorn, or Hammerlorne? I wasn't very specific about either of these adventures. You say you're stuck: Can you not progress, or do you not know where to progress to?

foolknight
Pledge

Post by foolknight »

Talushorn the taraux spearmasters keep killing me.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Alright, if I am correct, it is not too late to turn back at this point. You can still make it out of Talushorn. If so, I suggest an invisibility potion (level 1 will do, it'll give you 10 turns including the one you drink). The fences blocking the way can be destroyed with powder kegs nearby. If you don't have any ranged attacks, buy some stones while you're getting the invisibility potion.