What I've Been Up To (Moar Power)

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

What I've Been Up To (Moar Power)

Post by Knightofhopex »

Just in case you guys were wondering what I've been up to...

More heavy metal in book 2! :)

Screenshot! :D
leshpar
Marshall

Re: What I've Been Up To (Moar Power)

Post by leshpar »

That is awesome! Granted I specialize in light armor, but I felt really strong with an armor rating of 20 in the first book, and I'm only about 6 hours into Book 2 and I already passed that (of course light armor again, hehe).

You sir, are strong!
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed this. :)

I'm sure you're stompin' stuff too. I've also noticed light armor is ridiculously good in Book 2. BasiliskGames really beefed up a lot of the abilities that didn't get you there in Book 1.

Would love to see what your armor score is!

Also, what're you doing for damage? :D
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

That's an interesting build. I've tried a few crazy builds in both Book I and Book II. I really liked my spear-and-shield character in Book II. Was almost untouchable and could kill with relative ease.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:That's an interesting build. I've tried a few crazy builds in both Book I and Book II. I really liked my spear-and-shield character in Book II. Was almost untouchable and could kill with relative ease.
Yeah the wraithsplitter or whatever in the basement of the dam is amazing. I considered leveling piercing for that. :D Bet that's a lot of fun.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I never got my strength up like that, but I did increase my armor rating in beta testing to the point that I was almost invulnerable and my healer could afford a 20% to hit chance versus a taurax that had a 1% chance of hitting me.
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Randomizer wrote:I never got my strength up like that, but I did increase my armor rating in beta testing to the point that I was almost invulnerable and my healer could afford a 20% to hit chance versus a taurax that had a 1% chance of hitting me.
Oh snap. I'm doing dodge out the yingyang because I assumed that wasn't possible. Maybe I'm trying too hard... lol
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

Knightofhopex wrote:Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed this. :)

I'm sure you're stompin' stuff too. I've also noticed light armor is ridiculously good in Book 2. BasiliskGames really beefed up a lot of the abilities that didn't get you there in Book 1.

Would love to see what your armor score is!

Also, what're you doing for damage? :D

Right now my armor score (I think, at work so can't start the game up and check) is 31 with leatherskin up, so. . .26 I think. Keep in mind I'm still only in boiled leather stuff for the most part.

I'm using an iron longsword right now, doing around 20 or so damage a swing me thinks.
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

Right now my armor score (I think, at work so can't start the game up and check) is 31 with leatherskin up, so. . .26 I think. Keep in mind I'm still only in boiled leather stuff for the most part.

I'm using an iron longsword right now, doing around 20 or so damage a swing me thinks.

Oooh a sword rogue, eh? Neat. :D
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

Knightofhopex wrote:Just in case you guys were wondering what I've been up to...

More heavy metal in book 2! :)

Screenshot! :D
You my friend, are a genius :)

But seriously there is a lot of power to be had for maxing one attribute. I maxed speed in book 1 and killed most enemies in 1 shot.

Strength bonuses to mastery-extra health, damage per 5, and poison resistance.

Speed bonuses to mastery-really high defense and extra damage per 5

Dexterity bonuses to mastery-extra armor and attack, extremely silent, extra pick locks skill, and high chance of critical hits due to high hit rate.

Endurance bonuses to mastery-High health, extremely good bonuses to resistances and relatively makes you a walking tank if you specialize mostly in one weapon.

Concentration bonuses to mastery-High to hit rate, although no extra defense like dexterity, disarm traps bonuses, extra encumbrance and high critical hit chance as high to hit rate like dex.

Your max damage still beat my lvl 14 speed rogue's damage by 4. Nice!

I would say my next build will be a strength build like yours. However, I am going to maximize the backup skills at creation of my character. By doing this, you can give strength 3 points per level with 2-3 points in said weapon every level as well. Im thinking that will fix my low to hit chance i had on my speed build in book 1. I really just don't like relying on dodge.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Knightofhopex
Apprentice

Post by Knightofhopex »

@Deathknight:

D'awww I'm no genius, that's too kind. I'm glad you like my build!

There's someone on the forum who I think went Endurance / Perception and a couple related skills(?) and is nearly unkillable. I wish I'd thought of *that* build! o.O