Port Kuudad - Leasing

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
tecknode
Initiate

Port Kuudad - Leasing

Post by tecknode »

A long time ago when I played, I got a Citizen's Writ because I leased the building accross the street from Raddiff's. Now I cannot remember who I leased it from :oops:

Who do I lease the building from :(
Tecknomage
aka Master Blaster
Mage Pages
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Port Kuudad - Leasing

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

I'm pretty sure you can't lease the buildings that are ostensibly for lease. It's just background color in the town. You get citizens writs by picking them up where other citizens have left them (in drawers, on their dead bodies, etc.).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Book III should have something like purchasing property to gain Citizen Writs. Remember that one of the conditions of receiving a Writ is owning property inside Port Kuudad.
severian
Senior Steward

Post by severian »

Lord_P wrote:Book III should have something like purchasing property to gain Citizen Writs.
that could be one of possible endings - The Partician.

buy a house, then - a residence or a shop, furnish it with luxuries found during adventures or bought from craftsmen, get voted for a major city council.

I mss that kind of Might&Magic or Yendorian Tales "quest", even in a simplified form.

having more than 200.000 in gold and equipment is quite easy in EschalonII, everything is easy with merchant skill 25+ ;>
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

Jedi_Learner wrote:
severian wrote:that could be one of possible endings - The Partician.

buy a house, then - a residence or a shop, furnish it with luxuries found during adventures or bought from craftsmen, get voted for a major city council.
Not sure if serious...

Is definitely serious. Could be an interesting side quest.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

After Book III is released, many guides are posted on the forums. We would have the typical min-maxed ranger, optimized mage/healer, food merchant and... shopkeeper.
severian
Senior Steward

Post by severian »

I`m quite serious.

Wasn`t it nice to have your own castle in Might and Magic ?
And it was a part of main quest too (in a superficial way, but - hey, banner colours in the main hall depended on it ;) )

Beeing a part of a specific town community could be a part of some quite complex quests and game intrigue.
I mean - REAL quests and intrigue.

Not another - "kill 10 x ____" or "check if my brother`s alive" or "save the country" - dull, repetitive pseudo-quests, excuse for grinding.

A whole alternative ending, perhaps ?
Ofcourse - RPG heroes always follow the fading sun, and never settle. Blah ;p

It could be a way to spend piles of gold. Or to keep gold ? Couse, you know, 200000 RPG gold pieces weights nothing, pseudo-medieval shopkeepers usually just check heroes visa.
Another suggestion form M&M series - banks! Interest rates! Or losses ?
Like this : "Bank clerk: -Well, dear Superderp, since SOMEONE has smashed all barrells full of goodies in our factors basement, our investment has failed, and - sorry - you have lost half of your deposit" .
Alternative to the bank is - always spend all your heavy gold coins (perhaps on your own residence) or keep it in a safe and face a local thief guild members.

Anyway - spending late game money on a house, furnishing, beeing a part of community is an interesting option for anything - form a mini-quest that just gives a game a nice touch - to a whole big quest or a tree of quests that leads to an interesting, alternative ending.

It`s not that unusual trait - especially in jRPG and RPG maker games, but it always lacks depth, a second layer to the story, deeper intrigue.

I think it`s worth a try, even as a small "own a decent property" sub-quest.
E3 is suppose to have more "meat", and such a thig seems to be easy to implement.
example: Buy a set of large chests for residence basement -> (sleep/leave town) -> Chest appears ready to use.
A weapon rack could be practical too.
It`s not going to change game into Terraria/Minecraft, but it`s a nice touch that adds value to the game.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Damn the Crux, I'll say. Everything can wait: the rule of RPG quests.
severian
Senior Steward

Post by severian »

Jedi_Learner wrote:I mean, who cares that the 'One' knows you have the Crux of Fire and is undoubtedly looking for you when you can build a house, furnish it and be a part of the local community! The Crux Tetrad can wait!
and I love your lack of imagination and cRPG knowledge...

Quite a lot of cRPGs do not end with a main quest. Some even have quests that last longer than the main quest. Typical for any RPGmaker style game is - after saving the world a player wanders and finishes some minor quests.
Or just looking around the game world talking to NPCs, how their fate changed.

from major classics I could mention a dozen, but one says it all: Fallout 2

please, use some arguments next time.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I have always loved, and bought every house, in the elder scrolls games. If they meant something, it would be even better.

I like your ideas, actually.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Please, no hate. Hate only makes more hate.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Given that JL isn't likely to stop (mild) trolling anytime soon, I'd advise others not to feed him :)