Wisdom and intelligence

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
dogeddie
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Wisdom and intelligence

Post by dogeddie »

I am playing a Healer class and read through the manual, then checked the Wiki for an answer, and got more confused. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks

Intelligence - MP gained on level up for Magic User =
MP gained on level up for other classes =
MP gained on level up for Healer class -

Wisdom - MP gained on level up for Healer =
MP gained on level up for Magic User class =

Also, I assume the term "Magic User" is referring to someone who chooses the elemental magic class and has nothing to do with the Healer type class? Thanks
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Wisdom and intelligence

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

dogeddie wrote:I am playing a Healer class and read through the manual, then checked the Wiki for an answer, and got more confused. Can someone clear this up for me? Thanks

Intelligence - MP gained on level up for Magic User =
MP gained on level up for Healer class -

Wisdom - MP gained on level up for Healer =
MP gained on level up for Magic User class =

Also, I assume the term "Magic User" is referring to someone who chooses the elemental magic class and has nothing to do with the Healer type class? Thanks
Okay, clarification as best I understand it. If you chose Magic User at Character Creation, your MP is base MP is determined by your Intelligence and Perception (somewhere around there's a specific formula). If you choose Healer, it's based off of Wisdom and Perception. All other classes are based off of Intelligence and Perception but do not get the starting bonus that Magic Users get (Randomizer or someone worked out a good rough estimate of the formula, I'm not sure of the specifics).

So, the only time Wisdom is particularly important for MP is if you're choosing to play a Healer class.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Wisdom and intelligence

Post by Lord_P »

I thought someone said that Wisdom was bugged in the way that it didn't give any mana for healers (or was that in Book I?).