Need help in Port Kuhdad

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Need help in Port Kuhdad

Post by deathknight1728 »

I seem to hit a brick wall as I originally did in book 1. In book 1, I never had this problem as bad. What happens is as soon as I get to Port Kuhdad, I get bored as I dont know where to go and I restart my character. I usually explore a bit but mostly I have no idea where to go after the main quest gets boring.

Can anyone tell me which map to go to advance the game. My thoughts on this are that book 1 was much more suspenseful and I kind of wanted to find out what happens. In book 2, its still suspenseful but boring in some ways.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Need help in Port Kuhdad

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Once you've talked to Saint Gilhelm, you head north from Port K to find the Crius Vindica, or you can do side quests to level up and explore before talking to them.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Thats the problem though I dont know how to head north as its blocked by the gate being closed in the corner. Are you supposed to go west and then north to get up there or is there another path to get north?
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Go out the south gate and walk around the west side of the city.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

deathknight1728 wrote:Thats the problem though I dont know how to head north as its blocked by the gate being closed in the corner. Are you supposed to go west and then north to get up there or is there another path to get north?
You have to leave the city to head north, yes. You go out through the main gate and turn north. Then the looking glass can help you find the lair of the Crius Vindica once you're in the swamp place (whatever it's called that I always forget).
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Jedi_Learner wrote:
deathknight1728 wrote:What happens is as soon as I get to Port Kuhdad, I get bored as I dont know where to go and I restart my character.
If you follow the natural progression of the main storyline each stage is clearly explained to the player. Do you even make the effort to read the text that appears on the screen?
deathknight1728 wrote:In book 2, its still suspenseful but boring in some ways.
Why is it boring? Because you can't figure out how to head north of Port Kuudad to the Forsaken Coast?
No Its just that I liked the story better in Book 1. Thats all. Thanks in advance.