One More

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

One More

Post by Vroqren »

Alright, I know I said that would be my last playthrough, but man I forgot how much fun it was. So, I'm doing another, with another set goal in mind. After this game (Should be really short) I'll probably even do another, lead by these forums.

Anyway, for this game, I'm going to be going for the lowest possible score, similar to Spotted Shroom:
SpottedShroom wrote:Anyone can compete for highest score, but I wonder what the lowest possible score is? Blow all the challenges, skip quests, drop loot, etc. Probably a fair amount of overlap with the pacifist challenge, since killing baddies is a good way to get XP.
So, we'll see how that goes. I've basically already decided everything for this playthrough, but I'll keep updates in this topic.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: One More

Post by Lord_P »

This is like that Eschalon: Book I challenge. How are you going to beat the last boss?
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Ghorrs is easy actually; it's getting to him I've scared about. The halls are filled with Taurax I've got to avoid (Obviously because I need low exp, I won't be able to attack them). Anyway, with Ghorrs, I just lure him through all of the lava, avoiding the other Taurax in the room, until he dies.

Every single skill point will go into dodge, and every single attribute point into Endurance. There is no need for anything else. I also won't have any of the difficulty modifiers on, so I won't need food or water. I also won't be wearing any armor though (excpet at the beginning to fail The Untouchable challenge), but if I did, it wouldn't deteriorate. Random Loot doesn't matter, because I won't be opening chests.

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

I tried pacifist through Hammerlorne. You avoid combat using invisibility potions and hide in shadows, Plenty of lock pick skills so you can open doors without having to kill monsters to get their keys. This lets you into Hammerlorne without fighting Sparrow.

You will need money at Edon for passage.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I hadn't even thought of invisibility potions! That's completely brilliant. Yeah, I thought about that. I need to find out how to get just the right amount of gold. At end game, I want zero, but obviously I'll have to buy a couple things in order to fail challenges, such as a potion, and armor, ETC. I basically don't plan on opening a single chest. Any suggestions on how to get the right amount of money? I'll probably just punch down the Hammerlorne door. Only takes an hour, and 1 level in Unarmed Combat =)

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

You might want to learn enough Elemental magic to learn Invisibility spell and Dense Nimbus for running through the gauntlets of those annoying plants. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Jedi_Learner wrote:
Vroqren wrote:Anyway, with Ghorrs, I just lure him through all of the lava, avoiding the other Taurax in the room, until he dies.
General Ghorr is immune to the lava. :P
Are you sure he's immune, or does he just have a really high resistance? I don't remember.
---

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I just barely did the fight, and I am reasonably confident he took Lava damage. I know this because I only punched him maybe 5 times, running through laval the rest of the time. Obviously I could be wrong, but I could have sworn he was taking damage from it, if only occasionally.

EDIT: In the case that he is immune, there's always the Plasma Wand. I hesitate to try to get that though, because that's another quest that I'll be gaining exp for.
I suppose I can always just punch him, and then when he attacks me, save every time he misses, and load every time he actually hits me, but that could take some time. Then again, I'll be punching Hamerlorne door down, so who knows.

SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

Remember that gaining skills and ability score points increases your final score. I believe there was some crazy person on here a while back who beat the game at level 1.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

SpottedShroom wrote:Remember that gaining skills and ability score points increases your final score. I believe there was some crazy person on here a while back who beat the game at level 1.
Yes, he never hit the level-up button. I remember that. Not a feat I would wish to attempt. :)
---

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Jedi_Learner wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:I believe there was some crazy person on here a while back who beat the game at level 1.
http://www.basiliskgames.com/forums/vie ... 649#p32649
Those are the droids we're looking for. ;-)
---