Can you enchant an item/weapon more than once?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Can you enchant an item/weapon more than once?

Post by deathknight1728 »

This can't be true so its really a yes or no question. If it is true then that is very good as I thought the rumor was a joke.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: Can you enchant an item/weapon more than once?

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

deathknight1728 wrote:This can't be true so its really a yes or no question. If it is true then that is very good as I thought the rumor was a joke.
In Book II, weapons can hold up to three enchantments of different types, so yes, you can enchant a weapon more than once, but not with the SAME enchantment. You can't add +3 to hit and another +3 to hit, but you can add +3 to hit, +3 damage, and +3 fire damage, or the like. If an item already has enchantments on it, you can add until it has a total of 3 enchantments.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Can you enchant an item/weapon more than once?

Post by SpottedShroom »

I like to go with +3 Damage, +3 Fire and +3 Cold. Poison damage just isn't that good, and my ToHit doesn't need help, especially with a weapon feat at maximum recharge.