How am I supposed to complete it?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Morgan Terror
Steward

Re: How am I supposed to complete it?

Post by Morgan Terror »

How much strength and endurance do you give yourself before switching then?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Morgan Terror wrote:How much strength and endurance do you give yourself before switching then?
I think you get to 1 HP regen per turn around 42 End, which is pretty easy to do early on if you wait for a good roll and put almost everything into End at character creation. You'll start around 35 End. This also has the advantage of maximizing your starting HP.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Morgan Terror
Steward

Post by Morgan Terror »

Sounds like a build worth trying. I'll give it a go.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

The tank is always a fun set-up. The weapon you choose with it is also a determiner of how fun it will be. Unarmed is my personal favorite.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Morgan Terror
Steward

Post by Morgan Terror »

I have a pretty decent amount of experience with weapon setups. Tanking with sword skill is just overkill, i think. It would lower my damage output too much. Unarmed has the problem of being unable to parry, but being able to ignore locks is nice, as well as the damage. Bludgeoning does well in bossfights, and works reasonably well for bashing. If only axes hit all targets instead of a minimum of 1...

For anything other than a tank, i typically use piercing weapons. They are useful in the weirdest of ways. Did anybody else ever make use of the fact that performing two attacks means that magical benefits stack twice? I wonder if the double damage from having stunned someone means you get triple or quadruple damage from the bludgeoning feat. It's quad for peircing weapons, but book 1 had a weird thing where stacking malice damage and a crit meant 3x damage, not 4, so i'm not sure.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Morgan Terror wrote:I have a pretty decent amount of experience with weapon setups. Tanking with sword skill is just overkill, i think. It would lower my damage output too much. Unarmed has the problem of being unable to parry, but being able to ignore locks is nice, as well as the damage. Bludgeoning does well in bossfights, and works reasonably well for bashing. If only axes hit all targets instead of a minimum of 1...

For anything other than a tank, i typically use piercing weapons. They are useful in the weirdest of ways. Did anybody else ever make use of the fact that performing two attacks means that magical benefits stack twice? I wonder if the double damage from having stunned someone means you get triple or quadruple damage from the bludgeoning feat. It's quad for peircing weapons, but book 1 had a weird thing where stacking malice damage and a crit meant 3x damage, not 4, so i'm not sure.
When I was testing the Shield skill, I created a Zulu warrior, shield and piercing weapon. By the end game it was a cake walk. Ranged weapons couldn't hit the character and because of the way range is figured, corner-on enemies were considered ranged. I do wish Cleaving had a better Feat. Hopefully that will be dealt with in Book III. You might guess by my choice of name that I'm fond of them. :)
---

deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by deathknight1728 »

In my own personal opinion, these games will never cease to having powerful builds. Thanks to you guys, I am trying out that endurance one next try. I might use unarmed, or go all out with swords.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Morgan Terror
Steward

Post by Morgan Terror »

Yeah, i'm actually planning on doing the endurance/hoplite combo, or zulu as you put it. Shame that i already use piercing weapons so often. They're just so useful. Light enough for spellcasting, and uses the same stats as those skills you're required to take for other useful classes. The damage isn't the best, but still.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Morgan Terror wrote:Yeah, i'm actually planning on doing the endurance/hoplite combo, or zulu as you put it. Shame that i already use piercing weapons so often. They're just so useful. Light enough for spellcasting, and uses the same stats as those skills you're required to take for other useful classes. The damage isn't the best, but still.
If you can make your way to the special trunk in West Willow early enough, you'll have no big worries about Piercing damage. With the Feat it can actually be one of the most damaging weapon classes.
---