GREAT game!

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
rikus
Initiate

GREAT game!

Post by rikus »

Just wanted to say its the best RPG i've played in years after eschalon 1.
no, i'm not in any way related to the developers, I just figured its a nice way of saying thank you to them, for ignoring all the bullshit RPG's out there which concentrate on shiney stuff and pleasing scared producers and investors.

the game is TOUGH( i'm still tackling the last island), but in a good way-the way that'll make you explore more of the game world to make yourself stronger.
I can say alot more but i don't have lot of spare time, i just think you did a very good job and that was a really fun ride.

so thanks!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Re: GREAT game!

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

rikus wrote:Just wanted to say its the best RPG i've played in years after eschalon 1.
no, i'm not in any way related to the developers, I just figured its a nice way of saying thank you to them, for ignoring all the bullshit RPG's out there which concentrate on shiney stuff and pleasing scared producers and investors.

the game is TOUGH( i'm still tackling the last island), but in a good way-the way that'll make you explore more of the game world to make yourself stronger.
I can say alot more but i don't have lot of spare time, i just think you did a very good job and that was a really fun ride.

so thanks!
Welcome, Rikus. There are a lot of us here, not related to the developer, who have said pretty much the same stuff. :) Glad you're having fun with it. Of course, some of us think that the most fun is going back and doing it again with different types of characters. The game gives you lots of ways to do that.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Spencerbutch
Initiate

Post by Spencerbutch »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: Welcome, Rikus. There are a lot of us here, not related to the developer, who have said pretty much the same stuff. :) Glad you're having fun with it. Of course, some of us think that the most fun is going back and doing it again with different types of characters. The game gives you lots of ways to do that.

i too, came to this forum with words of praise. i was highly - and happily - surprised to discover a small and dedicated community working to unravel the "endless" possibilities in eschalon. i hope to see you join that community.
-+=+_+=+-
To the TL;DR crowd: Why are you on a forum if you are averse to reading? tsk tsk.

Support local music:
http://www.facebook.com/FraudulenceTheBand
http://www.facebook.com/SemiInternationalRecords

My actual join date was April 01, 2013.

Thoughts?
rikus
Initiate

Post by rikus »

Hi :) it's good to know there are still people who can appreciate this kind of game.

Time is of the essence, which means I don't have a lot of time for gaming(raising a family and working) pretty much leaves me with very few hours a week.
I wanted to try magician with book 1 and then book 2 came out, I hope I'll manage to play this class before book 3!
I'm a bit biased I discovered this place because I had a glimpse of a few spoilers I really wanted to discover by myself(I'm waiting until my brain forgets them!). No ones fault of course, just me-over doing curiosity.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

The more the merrier and glad you like them. Oh, and welcome to the worshippers of BW and his games. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
leshpar
Marshall

Post by leshpar »

I love these games, and they have led me into a direction that I never would have found myself if not for Eschalon. I am currently playing Baldur's Gate EE from steam and have already bought BG2 complete from GoG in preperation of finishing BG1EE.

I still need to finish Ultima 6 and someday play Ultima 7 as well as all the Might and Magic games from the 90s.

Gah, I love going back to games I didn't understand as a child and fully understanding them now.
rikus
Initiate

Post by rikus »

finally finished it! had to go to fathamurk and do the bells quest too, the bastards in talushorn were too tough before that.

didn't expect that ending though, nice twist.

what commitment of the developer to keeping that modest approach and truthful to the genre. in some ways its even better than alot of the old RPG's I've played.
I'm yearning for another game like this, might replay book I as a mage.
Skid
Initiate

Post by Skid »

I have to agree. EBI was my first RPG game I ever played, and I enjoy both games immensely. I think I prefer Book I, honestly, but I'm replaying II and have found plenty of things that I missed in previous play throughs.