AI in book 2

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
dak
Marshall

AI in book 2

Post by dak »

I am just woundering if perhaps the AI could be a bit smarter in book 2, and doing things such as waiting you out or surroinding you?? casting a lot of spells, sneak up on you a lot etc etc.
nackidno
Initiate

Post by nackidno »

Agree, the AI wasn't that smart in Book one. It would be a total relief if you could push people away, or yell at them to make them move. Instead of waiting in 5 min before the character Npc moves if he/she stands in you way and blocks a door etc.
joshuasmyth
Apprentice

Post by joshuasmyth »

The NPC blocking pathways and doors would be a bit of a pain sometimes. (A friendly shove would be nice)

But I dont think I would want super smart enemy AI (unless its for new monsters) In large groups sometimes the only way to win in a fight was to exploit their weaknesses, if they were too smart, I'd be hacked to bits!!
www.tinyfrogsoftware.com/cavernsbeta/ <- Play a free browser based roguelike game :)
Nakayar
Initiate

Post by Nakayar »

Oh man I wish you could make the NPCs move! I stored some stuff in a cabinet in the inn. I came back a long (many levels/hours) time later, and the innkeeper was standing right next to the cabinet. I thought nothing of it, went to grab my items and the jerk thought I was stealing from him and attacked me! Oh, right, I'm sure you put all those valuables in the guest room. Nice.
Daemian Lucifer
Senior Steward

Post by Daemian Lucifer »

joshuasmyth wrote: But I dont think I would want super smart enemy AI (unless its for new monsters) In large groups sometimes the only way to win in a fight was to exploit their weaknesses, if they were too smart, I'd be hacked to bits!!
The only reason there are so many monsters in the first place is because they are dumb.If they were smarter,there would be no need for them to be in such big groups in the first place.
Bluthand
Initiate

Post by Bluthand »

Nakayar wrote:Oh man I wish you could make the NPCs move! I stored some stuff in a cabinet in the inn. I came back a long (many levels/hours) time later, and the innkeeper was standing right next to the cabinet. I thought nothing of it, went to grab my items and the jerk thought I was stealing from him and attacked me! Oh, right, I'm sure you put all those valuables in the guest room. Nice.
:D Same here! It took me some dancing with him in the room until he left it. Keeping the room door shut was the final soultion.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Nakayar wrote:Oh man I wish you could make the NPCs move! I stored some stuff in a cabinet in the inn. I came back a long (many levels/hours) time later, and the innkeeper was standing right next to the cabinet. I thought nothing of it, went to grab my items and the jerk thought I was stealing from him and attacked me! Oh, right, I'm sure you put all those valuables in the guest room. Nice.
If you'd saved just before that you could reload and pay to spend the night and take things out of the dresser. After all some poor slob left stuff there and forgot to come back for it when you first stayed in the room! :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!