Who hired Zeblin? Some spoilers

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Skid
Initiate

Who hired Zeblin? Some spoilers

Post by Skid »

Just realized this. Darus was part of a secret society. I don't think many, if any, people knew of his involvement with the Crius folks. Who, then, had him knocked off? And so conveniently too, right as he is about to divulge all kinds of answers. Zeblin was just the instrument, not the plotter. Korren, perhaps? I haven't trusted him ever, and maybe Darus didn't either? I don't feel like Korren is a good guy. He practically had me deliver the Crux of Fire to Talushorn, so what's stopping him from wasting guild members who've "seen too much"?... I smell conspiracy. Just some thoughts.
MyGameCompany
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Re: Who hired Zeblin? Some spoilers

Post by MyGameCompany »

Good question. I've wondered that myself. I expected to find the answer in Book 2, but never did. Hopefully we'll learn in Book 3.
Troy
Former indie game developer
Check out my Book III mods: The Mystery of Rockhammer Mine and Expedition into West Mirkland
Skid
Initiate

Post by Skid »

I wouldn't be surprised if we cross swords with Korren. I have my doubts about Shina, but Korren just seems crooked. Here's a possible idea:
Korren is corrupted by the One. He wants to use me (the PC) to unwittingly aid him, or maybe just kill me to get me out of the way. Darus realizes the boss is evil and heads off to warn me. Korren sends Zeblin to dispose of Darus, and in true secret villain style, decides to manipulate me. Perhaps he knows me, perhaps he made that stuff up. After all, my memory's not exactly spectacular. I find my way to Korren, who plans to use me to obtain the CoF, saving himself/Ghorr/the One the trouble of having to do it. After all, if I kick the bucket, no big deal for him. Then, he convinces me to head right into Talushorn alone with the CoF, pretty much putting half the Cruxes in the bad guy's hands right there. End crackpot theory.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Interesting theories, but SPOILER: Didn't Korren die?

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Vroqren wrote:Interesting theories, but SPOILER:
Clipped the spoiler. That's an interesting question. Possible he just vanished like you did.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Skid
Initiate

Post by Skid »

Completely forgot that Korren died. Whoops! Or maybe it only appears that way? I can't really recall the cutscene (pathetic, as I finished my play-through mere days ago. My memory is worse than in the game!), but is Korren vaporized or suchlike? If so, perhaps he was just transported away, like Kreador said. And maybe he knew the One was coming, that's why he went along with The Plan. Although, why not just not show up? So many questions!
Morgan Terror
Steward

Post by Morgan Terror »

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure the game explicitly said that Korren was reduced to a pile of ash. It was a nice theory, and the question of who hired Zeblin indeed still stands.
Skid
Initiate

Post by Skid »

The more I think of it, the more I do believe Korren got it. But you would probably leave a pile of ash behind, too. Didn't all your clothes and gear get scorched off?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:
Ending Cinematic wrote:With the wave of a metallic wand, the One releases a fiery beam of energy which strikes Korren in the chest. In an instant, he is reduced to nothing more than a cloud of ash.

The Crux of Ages, which Korren held in his hands, falls to the ground.
Ash is the powdery residue of matter that remains after burning. I believe Korren is dead but this post from BasiliskWrangler has always intrigued me.
As long as we see Lilith again, I don't care who all else we see in Book III! :wink:

I don't need to see Korren again in Book III. But I'm really hoping we do see Lilith one more time...
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

IJBall wrote: I don't need to see Korren again in Book III. But I'm really hoping we do see Lilith one more time...
Seriously, did anyone not kill Lilith in Book I?
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

SpottedShroom wrote:
IJBall wrote: I don't need to see Korren again in Book III. But I'm really hoping we do see Lilith one more time...
I didn't ALWAYS kill her. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

SpottedShroom wrote:
That was my thought when I read that post. I killed her every time, the sword is ALWAYS worth it to me...

SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Vroqren wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:
That was my thought when I read that post. I killed her every time, the sword is ALWAYS worth it to me...
My characters are always such scrubs in the end that they can't defeat Lilith. :?
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

Vroqren wrote:
SpottedShroom wrote:
Lilith was just "pretending" to be dead all those times... :P
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Who hired Zeblin? All of the spoilers

Post by Vroqren »

Or perhaps Lilith hired Zeblin...
This would be a fun mod to make, either way:
In one of Zeblin's chests, you find the letter he received telling him to kill Darus, and you have to trace it back to it's origins. Then again, if he left the letter intact after the job was done, he's not really a very good assassin, is he?