Wish List for Book II {Compiled}

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Wish List for Book II {Compiled}

Post by AK_Marty »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
wavecutter wrote:I'd really like to see the spear as a melee weapon.
Spears are melee weapons in Book II. Javelins are thrown.
Aha!!! A new weapon is revealed! Any more little tidbits of information forthcoming? :D :D
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
IJBall
Major
Major

Post by IJBall »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:
wavecutter wrote:I'd really like to see the spear as a melee weapon.
Spears are melee weapons in Book II. Javelins are thrown.
Does this mean that we'll have the option to use spears as either thrown weapons or melee weapons? Or does this mean that spears are not going to be 'thrown weapons' at all in Book II, and can only be used as melee weapons?

TIA! :)
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

Sorry in advance if all of this was covered earlier. My aloted hours online seem to be dwindling lately as far as free-time goes, and though I did my best to skim through the ideas posted here...I might have missed the following...

For Book III and/or beyond that:

I am positive the subject of "companions" was posted somewhere here, so I am bumping the idea up. By companions, I mean the animal variety, ranging from small to large...with each choice possessing it's own strengths and weaknesses.

These companions could be designed/toggled on or off, either combative or non-combative, and at each new player level...not only the player, but the companion too could/would be rewarded with new skill points to assign.

For instance...as I arrived within the village, I more or less knew two things. I was out of my element, as well as nearly out of available funds. The Inn-Keeper, however, took pity on me, and, for a small fee, sold me a trainable chip-monk. I intend to teach it to seek out traps and other such obsticals during our journey together, and, provided the two of us survive long enough, I just may teach it to pick locks...

The second suggestion I want to lay out here (or again...bump up) has to do with a second run-through of Book III or beyond. During a player's first run-through, he or she eventually builds a house, or takes on a permanent job at a town (or aught else) and during this second run-through, the player will meet up with his or her old self who has since retired as far as adventuring goes. Who knows? He or she might give the player a quest or two?

As always...sorry about the spelling.

---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Bauxtehude
Pledge

Post by Bauxtehude »

I'd really like a comprehensive volume control in game, for those moments when you're reminded why your favorite album doesn't feature live bees, and for the times when hearing a grown man scream in agony doesn't quite match the tone you're trying to set.

Great game though, in all other respects.
jimbosworldorg
Pledge

Post by jimbosworldorg »

You know, this is minor, but it's something that's REALLY been bugging me throughout Book I: the "weapons rack" storage unit. It's as likely to hold a few gold coins or a freaking apple as a spear (buh?), and also it's extremely annoying to see a graphic of a rack full of tasty-looking weapons and click it and get nothing.

It would be REALLY nice if there were, say, four or five weapons rack graphics instead of just one, and they represented different states of "full of stuff" and changed as they were emptied. It would also be nice if the game populated them only with weapons (or armor) treasure types, instead of completely random crud!

Loving Book I, btw; probably 90% or the so complete right now with a fighter/magic-user type character. ^_^ Oh, and STAY TURN-BASED! Lord I've missed turn-based RPGs; I like a game I can get up and go answer the door / get a drink / talk to the wife / etc whenever I need to do it.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

I've been playing Book 1 for several hours so maybe I just didn't yet find it ...

But all building right now have only one floor.

Please make bigger buildings with several floors, and add roofs ;)

I "should" pretend there is a roof but you can also build it and when I come inside the house I can see the "full floor".
Hawkwind
Steward
Location: Salt Lake City, UT -- Or 35,000ft in the air on a Delta Jet.

Post by Hawkwind »

When you wake up, there's a building a little to the northwest that has stairs going up. Also, there's at least one with a basement as well.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I could be wrong here but I think they fixed the roof issue.....help me out here basilisk?
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

In Book II there are bigger buildings, but every town still has numerous small stores and cottages. As for roofs, not with this engine. We will have many more multi-level buildings in Book II.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:In Book II there are bigger buildings, but every town still has numerous small stores and cottages. As for roofs, not with this engine. We will have many more multi-level buildings in Book II.
Kewl! Something to look forward to. I really got tired of finding basements that led to underground dungeons/passage ways in Spiderweb's Avernum games. :) Yes, they did have some upstairs in casles/forts but not many regular 2 story buildings in towns.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
mkreku
Apprentice

Post by mkreku »

I'm sure this has been mentioned already but it's worth repeating: the map skill is the best new skill I've seen in a very long while in any RPG! Genius!

I would love to see it put to more use, other than drawing a prettier map. Maybe it could be used to give the player hints about certain stuff? Either by drawing little hints into the map (if you have high enough skill) or having the character think out loud stuff like, "Hmm, it should be possible to pass through here" when there's something hidden nearby.

Anyhow, I love the map skill. I can't believe noone thought of that before.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

If you can`t put a rough on the houses what about making it so there is no line of sight in the building so all it is is dark....nit sure if this was brought up already its late and I`m tired.
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

Hello
Long thread so this might been already asked...

It's a small statistical feature that I would love to see...
I've seen this first at "Sacred" RPG game , the feature shows in % how much of the game world (map) have you revealed.
I think it's easy to make - what do you say ?
woem
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by woem »

mkreku wrote:I'm sure this has been mentioned already but it's worth repeating: the map skill is the best new skill I've seen in a very long while in any RPG! Genius!

I would love to see it put to more use, other than drawing a prettier map. Maybe it could be used to give the player hints about certain stuff? Either by drawing little hints into the map (if you have high enough skill) or having the character think out loud stuff like, "Hmm, it should be possible to pass through here" when there's something hidden nearby.

Anyhow, I love the map skill. I can't believe noone thought of that before.
Exactly! That's what I've suggested here.
torturedutopian
Initiate

Post by torturedutopian »

Personally, I would really love to see the game support any screen resolution. Because nowadays, there are so many huge & wide screens (for instance, mine is 1920×1200). It could enable to see a bigger part of the map at once, and sprites wouldn't be distorted or zoomed.

:)