Cleaving Feat?

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Cleaving Feat?

Post by deathknight1728 »

So I used cleaving in the previous game book 1 without any of the feats like book 2. I like machete's for some reason and was hoping to come up with a character in book 2. The only thing is do I have to use the feat great cleave even if it doesn't do anything other than hit multiple targets? Most of the time I fight, I am against a single opponent as I don't let them overwhelm me with sheer numbers.

Seeing as I will use dodge and be getting more counterattacks from time to time, is there any point in using the feat at all for a cleaving fighter?
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: Cleaving Feat?

Really?

I didn't know that. I only thought that some of the weapon feats had that. I completed the game with a sword user a while back and it was guaranteed and I usually went in powerstrike mode. If I can do that with Cleaving that will be epic. Thanks.
"As long as 60% of the things you do are good, it doesnt matter what the 40% is."-PQ

His face turns a twisted grin. Its a little disturbing. "Vicious vermin, I'd like to strangle every one of them."-Captain Johnson, Avernum
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Note that the guaranteed hit is only against one of the targets in the great cleave, not all of the targets around you. There's still a roll for each one after the first one. But one-on-one it guarantees that you will hit your target.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Lord_P
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Lord_P »

Great Cleave could be useful in places where you have to fight multiple monsters (such as Hammerlorne). Devastating Blow, for example, would be less efficient, because you'd have to hit all the enemies with it.

Off-topic: Grats on silver rank, deathknight!
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Well. This is all very good to know, as I too will soon be playing a Cleaving Expert. Never either game with a melee character that wasn't swords.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
deathknight1728
Illustrious
Illustrious

Lord_P wrote:Great Cleave could be useful in places where you have to fight multiple monsters (such as Hammerlorne). Devastating Blow, for example, would be less efficient, because you'd have to hit all the enemies with it.

Off-topic: Grats on silver rank, deathknight!
I was trying to thank you by sending a pmessage. I guess I screwed something up.

Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

[quote=deathknight1728]I was trying to thank you by sending a pmessage. I guess I screwed something up.[/quote]
Yeah, now none of us can PM. Good job. :lol:

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests