Mystery in the Wolfenwood

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Rip Stone
Pledge

Mystery in the Wolfenwood

Post by Rip Stone »

Greetings fellow explorers!
Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm enjoying this game greatly as it captures that old school rpg explorer theme really well. I finished the first game as a Ranger, and I'm working through book 2 as an unarmed fighter.

Anywho, I encountered a mystery while exploring Wolfenwood. There is a campsite with the remains of several exploded powder kegs, next to a rock face that appears cracked, and several bodies nearby. I found one intact barrel containing some Dwarven Mellowleaf and can draw my own conclusions as to what took place.

My question is: is it possible to finish their work and open a hole in the rock face? I have experimented myself with a single powder keg to no avail. Am I doing something wrong, or is there nothing here?
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Mystery in the Wolfenwood

Post by SpottedShroom »

I'm afraid not. Many cracked rock faces are possible to break using powder kegs, but not all.
Rip Stone
Pledge

Post by Rip Stone »

Thanks for the reply. I was beginning to suspect as much but this spares me from Plan B: placing 5 powder kegs along the rock wall :)

I grew up on Might & Magic and the Wizardry series. This game very much captures that incentive to explore deeply into every nook and cranny for rewards.

Now I'm off to begin exploring south of port Kuad.
Noob
Pledge

Post by Noob »

I'm not sure if this is the spot you are referring to, I think it's in Central Farrock. If you lug enough kegs there (it takes 4-5) you uncover a chest.