Alien Nation

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Emelio Lizardo
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Alien Nation

Post by Emelio Lizardo »

Got to the end, not very difficult.

Space the Aliens. Mixing the Xfiles and the Hobbit doesn't work. Did you see Indiana Jones and the Crystal skulls? It sucked.

Seriously, next patch, space the alien and replace him with something more Cthulhu like. Hopefully by Book III everyone will have forgotten about it.

Or we need Mulder and Scully and the Cigarette Smoking man as characters.

Seriously. The. Most. Awful. Thing.

Also, character amnesia has been used once, that's enough. Don't repeat it in Book III.
Emelio Lizardo
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Alien Nation

Post by Emelio Lizardo »

deceive, inveigle, obfuscate

I want to believe!
Emelio Lizardo
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Emelio Lizardo »

The straight out of the Xfiles Alien head figure, statements by the critter, alien technology. It's close enough that it has a spoiling effect.

It's a hokey D&D story to begin with, an excuse to romp about the lands skewering critters and people, but this kind of thing kills it.

For me anyway. Some people can thrive on space guns & stone axes.

Imagine you're watching Lord of the Rings and instead of walking to a big tree for a conference with Galadrial the group is invited to board the space ship from "The Invaders" and have a face to face with Roy Thinnes.

It breaks the mood.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

I personally loved the ending of Book II.
And even if I didn't it's BW's game, not my own. It's his choice how the games progress and end, and I will be happy with it no matter what. While I enjoy the progression of plot, I play the game for the times I have while playing it, not the storyline exclusively.

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

Its called a plot twist, philistine, and is actually incredibly underused in modern dumbed down storytelling.

Also, nice way of spoiling the end of Book II IN THE TITLE!!! (In case someone here has yet to beat it)
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

Crystal Skull did stink, but not because of the aliens.