Body of Evidence

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Emelio Lizardo
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Body of Evidence

Post by Emelio Lizardo »

It couldn't help but be noticed that the lands are rife with corpses, bones and grave yards. Beyond an admirable capacity for storage, little has been done with corpses.

Not one to waste an opportunity, I propose a class of spells to put to use these neglected but valuable resources.

Depending on the condition of the corpse:

- Animate Corpse (zombie)
- Animate Skeleton
- Ghost.

A dead thing should only be able to be animated once. Animation suspends decomposition. The animated subject should use or wear any items placed in it at the time of animation.

The animated subject would behave as a 'charmed' creature and follow the caster about attacking whoever attacks the caster or themselves. Zombies may be inclined to 'forage'.

Town guardians and citizens would likely have a very negative or even hostile reaction to an undead horde at their midst.

This should include 'fresh' kills by the player or NPCs. Which means that kills need to start producing corpses.

Dead things on the ground should decompose over time.
Emelio Lizardo
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: Body of Evidence

Post by Emelio Lizardo »

They apparently have one full time employee.

Ideas never hurt, even if they can't make use of them.

Just as criticism is far more valuable than the acclaim of fans.
Leezar
Marshall

Post by Leezar »

Prismatic Maelstrom wrote:That the player can get diarrhea from eating bad food to make the game more realistic?
One of the thing Eschalon does right, in my opionon, is all of the exotic diseases you can contract. So why not?

Anyways, your job description can be "Necromancer", and there is a "Necromancers hat"... but there is not a single spell for raising the dead!

Speaking of which, I dunno if my version of Eschalon was bugged, but the "summon" skill created an immobile creature that only occasionally would attack, and only if the bad guys would sneak up close.

Also, with patience, you could probably overload the engine by summoning a creature on every tile.

Here is my suggestion: put a necromancy spell in the game AND make them like in Warcraft, with a blue bar ticking down as the magic that keeps them alive is slowly expended, perhaps 4 turns / spell level or so.
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
Emelio Lizardo
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Emelio Lizardo »

Realistic really isn't the goal, believability is.

My opinion, is my opinion.