High and low

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

High and low

Post by Painted Lady »

While fiddling around waiting for Book III, I pulled out my old Book II notes and started wondering about other people's best and worst scores.

My lowest total was as a pacifist mage who skipped Fathamurk. She was Hardcore, True Mage, Pacifist, level 14 for a total of 86,437.

My best total has been as a ranger. She was Hardcore, True Thief, True Ranger,True Healer, Immaculate, Hellbringer, Jack of all Trades, level 23 for a total of 220,613. I couldn't figure out how to add Wealthy Lord. In fact, the only way I could figure out to add more points was to spend eons of time camping, which really didn't hold any appeal.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: High and low

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Right here might be a good place to mention that I've tweaked the end score calculation for Book III. In general everyone's score will be lower (than in Book II) because you get fewer points for each accomplishment (such as +10 points per spell learned versus +100 points/spell in Book II) but there additional accomplishments that can be achieved to further your score.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Good to know, BW. I don't honestly remember any of my "scores" because I never really played for that or paid attention to it when I finished. But, I had a thought about what you said with the tweaking of the score calculation. Why did you chose not to make the score for things like learning a spell dependent on the Tier of the spell?
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote:Why did you chose not to make the score for things like learning a spell dependent on the Tier of the spell?
Honestly, this was adjusted some time ago, and I don't remember exactly what I used for calculations. It is on my ToDo list to go over this function again before release.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.