sparrow and true healer

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
jon_snow
Initiate

sparrow and true healer

Post by jon_snow »

i tried using a flash of charm on her, but i don't know how to get that key without killing her
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: sparrow and true healer

Post by Randomizer »

You can't get Sparrow's key without killing her, however with enough lock pick skill, dexterity, and lock picks you can pick either the lock into Hammerlorne or the slightly easier lock in the Dwarf Lord's chamber, but be invisible there.

Lock melt works for the easier lock.
Vroqren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Vroqren »

Like Randomizer said, you don't absolutely need that key. You can get another one in Durnore, or, simply forgo the key altogether.
And congratulations on Major Rank Randomizer!

Check out my walkthroughs:
Character: here
Book I: here

Book II: here
Fathamurk: here
Book III: here
SpottedShroom wrote:There's evil and then there's just being contrary to your own best interests
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Please help jog my memory. I got to Sparrow and found i cannot kill her. I also know that i can forego that key and get thru the mountains with lock picking, but! I cannot recall how to get the wizard's help in the Forsaken Coast hideaway. He is not talking to me to ask the witches for their help. What step(s) did I forget???

true senility sucks and getting older is getting old!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:I cannot recall how to get the wizard's help in the Forsaken Coast hideaway. He is not talking to me to ask the witches for their help. What step(s) did I forget???
The Quest list over at the wiki might be of some use... You can look at your open quests to see where you're at. The steps seem to be:
  1. Speak to the magic shop owner in Eastwillow and agree to show the glass to Minus (Destiny Through a Viewing Glass)
  2. Bring the glass over to Minus' house (west of Eastwillow, around the lake) (Destiny Through a Viewing Glass, Part 2)
  3. Then speak to the scholar in Lockston Hall in Port Kuudad (Destiny Through a Viewing Glass, Part 3)
Then once you get into the Guild's headquarters, you should have the appropriate dialog options.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Hmmm, I thought so. I have done all that you stated and still no registration from said wizard. I will attempt to go back and try all three again, but that is very odd and I always tout here how my memory is going away but I truly think I have done all that. Not a biggie. I will just grind through and see what i did wrong. Thanks for the input, tho!
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:Hmmm, I thought so. I have done all that you stated and still no registration from said wizard. I will attempt to go back and try all three again, but that is very odd and I always tout here how my memory is going away but I truly think I have done all that. Not a biggie. I will just grind through and see what i did wrong. Thanks for the input, tho!
No problem. I'd still recommend checking your current quests - that should give you an indication as to what might be missing...
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

Current quest still says talk to Sparrow but she wants to kill me and I am trying for true healer award at end. I think I recall I have to get the Crux and then return to the Forsaken Coast before Mr Wiz will talk to me about the witches' secret weapon
I will stay an initiate, please,let the officers, lieutenants, etc. do the brain work, I will be the grunt! GRRRR-Unt!
xolotl
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by xolotl »

lilwoofer wrote:Current quest still says talk to Sparrow but she wants to kill me and I am trying for true healer award at end. I think I recall I have to get the Crux and then return to the Forsaken Coast before Mr Wiz will talk to me about the witches' secret weapon
You could probably talk to Sparrow and then just run away - a Flask of Charm Cloud could help aid in your escape.
lilwoofer
Senior Steward

Post by lilwoofer »

I already talked to her. That is why she wants to kill me. But I found out that if you get the Crux, all is good. The wiz will speak now!