Water Travel

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Sakar
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Water Travel

Post by Sakar »

It would be great if we could hop on a boat and paddle around the coastline or a big lake.

Oh look, an island! And what's that on it? A tower ruin? Let's go check it out... :lol:
alpha
Steward

Post by alpha »

Very good idea.

Oh, what's that in the water? A crocodile?!!!
Incinerator Fuel = Pure Ownage xD
vid
Senior Steward

Re: Water Travel

Post by vid »

Sakar wrote:It would be great if we could hop on a boat and paddle around the coastline or a big lake.

Oh look, an island! And what's that on it? A tower ruin? Let's go check it out... :lol:
This would be awesome. So, another request for book2 is: Additional dungeons and locations, unrelated to any quest, just for exploring.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I'm all for water travel and horses:)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Rune_74 wrote:I'm all for water travel and horses:)
Ditto. Of course if it will be multiple group instead of just one character, the cost of horses will go up. It did in Ultima's. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Hehehe yeah I remember that...then they went to the lame cart(it looked so geeky) Imagine being able to have a quest to get a specail mount....and who's to say the mounts in Eschalon are horses and not say giant lizards, big birds....rams etc?
zengrey
Apprentice

Regarding the water...

Post by zengrey »

I already really enjoy EB1, but yes, some water based maps/areas would be supercool. You could incorporate maritime skills: navigation, heavy weather sailing, boat maintenance/repair. And of course...my favorite: GIANT SQUID!!! Or, boat to boat battles with NPC's...is your character powerful enough to take on a pirate crew, and loot their boat? Or have a map of a small chain of islands (archipelago?) with mini-quests, or some coastal caves. Or interactions with Merfolk? Maybe I'm babbling on, here. I either need a beer or caffiene. But in short, a water-based area of the world would be a wonderful addition. Alright, my $0.02. Cheers, zengrey.
OKMoke
Pledge

Post by OKMoke »

A magic Carpet for a mage character would be cool too.
JonRay
Apprentice

Post by JonRay »

or a flying ship or flying sail boat - like one of the early Slaine comics -
also i remember seeing an ad on tv and they had a flying dingy - which looked pretty cool as it skimmed along the road
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Or a flying bedstead... or, to make things really easy, a flying amphibious bedstead...??? :roll:
JonRay
Apprentice

Post by JonRay »

heheh bedknobs and broomsticks - nice one acoustibop!
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

Actually, I was thinking of Little Nemo, JonRay - and possibly the original Flying Bedstead... ;)
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

If not boats, then certainly some form of levitation spell/potion would be good. It annoyed the [bleep] out of me in Book I that the Goblin Archers on that platform in Vela would drop stuff, and I couldn't get it. :) With levitation, you could get it, but you'd have to be careful, as you can only stay aloft a certain amount of time, and if you're not over solid ground when you come down... :roll:
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
acoustibop
Officer [Silver Rank]
Officer [Silver Rank]

Post by acoustibop »

If you have a swimming skill, I think it should affect your encumbrance level, probably quite radically, i.e. if you're carrying too much, you'll sink!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

acoustibop wrote:If you have a swimming skill, I think it should affect your encumbrance level, probably quite radically, i.e. if you're carrying too much, you'll sink!
Then you'd probably need the ability to bag up your own stuff (like the little white bags humanoids drop occasionally), so you can put things down without them being lost forever.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.