Picaroon Fire Anachrids

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
lordhoff
Apprentice

Picaroon Fire Anachrids

Post by lordhoff »

Sorry; can't remember their real names. Is there actually a nest somewhere to complete the task? Seems the mountains block off (and or the lava stream to the far east) any place they might be and there is no mention of them in walkthroughs (here and at game Banshee) [and forget the GOG forum for this series :) ] . So few arrows at Picaroon; what's a poor (or rich for that matter! :) ) ranger to do? Any way, this is my first play thru - I'm starting to believe that my character build my not be up to task but, we shall see.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: Picaroon Fire Anachrids

Post by Randomizer »

The egg shaped nest is in the center of the northern edge after following a lava river. You have to walk on some lava to get to it.

Good luck with it and the arrows.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Just remember when walking on lava to quaff an elemental resistance potion and remove your shoes and pants. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Thanks both. I read somewhere about lava walking - still seems strange to me that one doesn't loose health for barefoot lava walking. Punching a barrel (with no points in fist fighting) causes damage so I'd thought they'd have done that with lava walking. I was going to buy some fire 4resistant armor in Dunmore but it was expensive. Once I had enough gold, it was already sold to someone else :)
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Ouch! Good show Basilisk! There is damage.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

Just for closure, my ranger build was fine. Breezed thru the minotaurs including the general (who I didn't even realize who it was until halfway thru the fight).
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

lordhoff wrote:Just for closure, my ranger build was fine. Breezed thru the minotaurs including the general (who I didn't even realize who it was until halfway thru the fight).
For straight up damage, Ranger is definitely the most powerful build in Book II. There's a bit of a nerf in Book III the way equipment wear works, so watch out for that. Rangers are still my personal favorites, though. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Kreador Freeaxe wrote: For straight up damage, Ranger is definitely the most powerful build in Book II. There's a bit of a nerf in Book III the way equipment wear works, so watch out for that. Rangers are still my personal favorites, though. :)
I like Rangers a lot also, although I do find a "pure" Ranger to be a difficult choice in Book I. Between the cost and limited availability of arrows and the large number of dark dungeons you encounter in the early part of the game, I have always made the bow my secondary weapon.
lordhoff
Apprentice

Post by lordhoff »

I was lucky that I found the predator sight spell early on and had enough build to use it.