Starter Quests

Here's where all things related to Book II are being discussed!
Bluthand
Initiate

Starter Quests

Post by Bluthand »

Hi all,

I bought the game (EB1) some days ago and started adventuring with my fighter. Nice, nice, nice, really nice. Many already had good ideas for EB2, some I don't like, but that is as always.

When browsing through the ideas there is one thing that I have missed during my first hours of playing: some easy starter quests. I'm talking about that famous rats-infested-my-cellar type of quest that are somewhat easy to solve with starter equipment and send you around a little bit.

Maybe some could be added in the starter area.

Best regards,
TR
Josia
Senior Steward

Re: Starter Quests

Post by Josia »

Bluthand wrote:I'm talking about that famous rats-infested-my-cellar type of quest
Replace "rats" with "lizards" and one of the very first quests fits the bill pretty nicely.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

The only beginning quest that you might not do without purchasing equipment is the retrieve the mithral bar because you might need a lock pick. I think even that one could be done if you think about it and don't mind lots of reloads.

The only hard part is knowing when to retreat so you don't run out of hit points and or mana points.
leonhartt
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by leonhartt »

There's this mini quest in north parish which is similar to what you seek. It's not exactly a starter quest but it's pretty accessible during the first few hours of the game.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

you don't need any lock picks in the cellar with the mithril bar. All keys needed are in there you just have to look.
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.