Basilisk Update 2016

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Basilisk Update 2016

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

nottorp wrote:Sorry to whine, but if you've switched to Unity, can you still keep laptop users in mind?
In my experience, Unity is the great battery eater for no good reason. I got better performance and battery life while playing xcom (1 not 2, but that was pretty hard on a system too) than when playing $random_unity_game. Every time.
I'll do my best!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Also, in moving over to Unity, we've developed a handful of mobile-style games while learning the new software. As such, we will likely release these games to generate a bit of operation revenue for the company. These games won't be under the "Basilisk Games" label since they aren't RPGs or adventure-style games, though I'll be sure to share a link if anyone wants to check them out and help support us.
Have you released any of these mobile games yet?
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Funny you should ask. Just this morning I was considering taking a week or two off of developing "the big game" to finish up a couple of the mobile games that are sitting in my projects folder. One of the games is essentially done- I just need to take the time to figure out what I need to do to get them up on Google's / Apple's App store. The submission process is somewhat of a headache, from what I have read.

So yes, I'd love to have at least one of them up by summer. Even if the game only brought in a few dollars a day from ad revenue, it'd be a helpful supplement to Eschalon's slowing sales.

Thanks for asking about it! I'll likely depend on some of you Pub patrons to download it and shoot it a 5-star review so it doesn't get buried too quickly.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Id do that even if it was a game i didnt normally play.

unless it really sucks balls then i just woulndt review it ;)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Matt3223
Pledge

Post by Matt3223 »

Playing through Eschalon Book 1 again and venturing on to the Books 2 and 3. This is getting me amped up and looking forward to what is to come next! Thanks for all of your hard work!!!

I'll check out the mobile offerings too when ready.

P.S.... So far the Eschalon Book 1 has been working great on a Chromebook running Ubuntu 14.04 via Crouton... Steam and Eschalon on my Chromebook. Quite nice!!
Prismatic Maelstrom
Major
Major

Post by Prismatic Maelstrom »

Hmmmmm...
Book II and Book III Soundtrack on YouTube | Thaermore Revisited - A Mod for Eschalon: Book I
Cuebramola
Initiate

Post by Cuebramola »

I hope I LIVE LONG ENOUGH to play the new game as I am 94 but healthy. Am about to finish up a new play through with a Ranger/sorseris and am running out of enemies.
Cuebramola
SpottedShroom
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by SpottedShroom »

I recently had a dream that the new game came out but I was too busy to play it :(
Arkos
Council Member

Post by Arkos »

SpottedShroom wrote: September 19th, 2017, 1:56 pm I recently had a dream that the new game came out but I was too busy to play it :(
So more of a nightmare, then?
Cuebramola
Initiate

Post by Cuebramola »

MY COPY OF ESHALON 3 IS ACTIMG STRANGLY AFTER A YEAR OR 3. CAN YOU SEND ME A NEW COPY I CAN LOAD ON APPLE COMPUTER ALSO FOR WINDOWS 10 AS I MAY SOON SWITSH AS I AM GETTING TIRED OF APPLES CHANGES . THIS IS FRED PAGET 98 YEARS OLD IN 3 MONTHS FROM NOW. MY EMAIL IS fredpaget@sonic.net