The State of the Basilisk 2018: A Year in Review

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Leezar
Marshall

Re: The State of the Basilisk 2018: A Year in Review

Post by Leezar »

This may be a dumb suggestion, seeing as how I don't understand the gaming business (or for that matter any business, I am a lowly wage slave) but can't you use the Zodiac engine to throw together like, uh, a space tower defense game or something for a quick cash grab? Those things are kind of easy to make right? I would support buy it!
Roughly at the same time I penetrate your betrothed, you will be penetrated by this sharpened pole
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

can't you use the Zodiac engine to throw together like, uh, a space tower defense game or something for a quick cash grab?
:D The funny thing is, Zodiac was supposed to be a quick "cash grab" in terms of a short development cycle. The problem was that I couldn't cut corners; every time I playtested it I knew that there needed to be more. From a simple shooter to having basic missions, from basic missions to a having a real storyline, and from a deeper storyline there is a need for more content (ships, upgrades, etc). It became a dangerous, slippery slope that I blindly fell into and lost nearly a year of development to it, and still wasn't anywhere near being finished.

I still have it, it's still here, and I even jump in and drop a few lines of code from time to time. I think it will see the light of day, one day. And no, it's really easy to just transform it all into a space tower defense game. The process just doesn't work that way.

Things are moving fast and furious here in the studio. Daily coding, several projects moving forward in one way or another, and negotiations continuing to be had with other developers. Stay tuned!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
function.require
Apprentice

Post by function.require »

We are all very much rooting for you, Thomas. Been on this forum since 2007.

function.require