Is Basilisk Games dead?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
deborah183
Initiate

Is Basilisk Games dead?

Post by deborah183 »

Just wondering if there is another game coming out? Anything in the works? Eschalon 4, maybe???
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Re: Is Basilisk Games dead?

Post by blatherbeard »

another game is definitely in the works. thomas had tried on a new style but ran into problems, but converted it into something different.

prob easier to read through some older posts, or wait for someone with a better memory to see this.

but yeah, not dead.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Dead?? Nope! :D

We're here. We're working. After converting from BlitzMax to Unity, and moving from a 2D isometric engine to a 3D engine, and now back to a hybrid 2D/3D engine, it's been taking much, much longer to make any progress. RPGs are giant and require a lot of design work. Also, we've been helping other developers with their projects which generates a bit of cash flow for us- much needed in this time of famine between our own games, but it further cuts down on the time we get to work on our stuff.

Can't really say much else. Every month we do progress on our own projects, but it's just going to be a bit longer before we can really announce anything.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Here's where one should link to the Plague scene from Monty Python. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

This is great news BW. I was starting to lose faith that there would be any more games from you :?

Can only say that the news the project is still an RPG is particularly exciting.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

If I ever have to close the studio, I would announce it. I wouldn't leave anyone wondering.

And yes, RPGs are in our blood and I'll always be working on something related to role-playing. I don't think I will ever feel complete until this sci-fi RPG gets released, even if it takes 10 more years. And I'd love to revisit Eschalon one day, even if it's not connected to the original trilogy in any way.

I can't really say what we've been working on recently, because we've been helping other developers with their projects and they are not obligated to credit me or Basilisk, but it's been some mobile stuff and a PC game. It's just hard to pass up a contract for real money at this stage. I guess in the end, as longs as I'm still making games, life is good.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
ManusDei
Council Member

Post by ManusDei »

It's a bad idea not to credit you, I would at least take a look.