First post of the decade! New Years Giveaway!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Quaan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Re: First post of the decade! New Years Giveaway!

Post by Quaan »

Ok, my first pick is #6.
And then lets see what happens to the list.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Quaan sidesteps a swing from Pick 19 and dashes in; he scores a direct hit on Pick 6, eviscerating it. Making a quick tactical decision, he skips attacking another Pick and runs along the side of the beast, slashing the main body. The List unleashes an unearthly howl, and a semi-solid primordial soup spills forth from the wound, some of it running along the other Picks, and some of it piling on the ground around it. Several new Picks spring forth!

**For taking a strategic approach, Quaan Earns Achievement Tactical Strike!**

**Quaan Earns Ability Hit and Run!!**

Hit and Run: One-time ability to dash in and snatch any game from any unclaimed Pick, or from The Pile! Use at any time! If for some reason this ability strikes immediately in front of someone else's Pick, that person gets an optional re-Pick! If for some reason this ability strikes immediately after someone else's pick, you regain the ability to Hit and Run!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I've never played Grim Dawn (#9 I believe) I could give that game a run through for, you know, inspiration.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: January 20th, 2020, 9:33 pm I've never played Grim Dawn (#9 I believe) I could give that game a run through for, you know, inspiration.
You wont regret it.

(thanks bernie!)
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

BW hangs back, seemingly hesitating and muttering to himself. Suddenly he throws his arms wide and multiple flashes of light appear all around him. A slew of lizards of all sizes that were not previously present surge forward and begin latching onto The List. The largest of them pauses, then lets out a screeching hiss. Its eyes glow crimson red, and suddenly Pick 9 goes still before falling to the ground, shattering into thousands of pieces. The lizards all vanish the same way they arrived. The List gurgles, spilling out more energy!

**BasiliskWrangler earns the achievement Cautious Attack!!**

**BasiliskWrangler earns the ability Chaos Shuffle!**

Chaos Shuffle: One-time ability that causes an upheaval in The List, shuffling all of the games from the still-living Picks and The Pile. Spicy!

**BasiliskWrangler earns the ability Site-Owner's Perogative[3]!!**

Site-Owner's Perogative[3]: All current list members get a bonus pick from The Pile (3 charges)!!
Quaan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Quaan »

This time i go for 13!
Painted Lady
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Painted Lady »

Is there still room for me?
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

Painted Lady wrote: January 21st, 2020, 5:47 pm Is there still room for me?
Definitely, at most hes to 6 or so. I suggest looking at the posts, discerning whos picked what, choosing things that nobody has picked or things you dont own.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Oooooh. Fun with games. I'll go for #25. Sneaky goblins-es are us. :)

Thanks, Bernie! Way to start a new decade.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Quaan eyes Pick 13 and begins his approach. As if sensing his intent, Pick 13 whips itself back into the main body. The body rumbles, and glows with a pale, purple light. Suddenly Pick 13 shoots back out, having increased in size! Undeterred, Quaan takes a running leap into a spin, his body almost perpendicular with the ground. His sword strikes Pick 13 at its tip as it simultaneously lashes out, and Quaan skewers the limb like a human spear!

**BONUS GAME ACQUIRED!!**

Kreador charges in with seeming reckless abandon, a massive shield held in front that deflects a multitude of blows. At the last moment he pivots, swinging an equally massive axe, which cleaves Pick 25 clean off The List.

**Kreador Freeaxe gains acheivement CHAARRRRGGE!!**

**Kreador Freeaxe gains ability Deflect Flurry**

Deflect Flurry: One-time ability that allows you to swap up to two games from any available Picks with two games from any other Pick, or The Pile!

I updated Dies a Lot's flavor text (with a new ability!), blatherbeard's incoming!
Quaan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Quaan »

Bonus game, i love it!
Thank you CB!
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

CrazyBernie wrote: January 18th, 2020, 6:51 pm
Dies a Lot arrives on the scene of massive destruction. A small city know for creating many games that are distributed far throughout the lands lay in waste. A massive shambling mound of Picks lurches to one side, crushing a small house, and the screams of victims can be heard shortly before the house is absorbed into the creature's body. Infuriated, Dies a Lot sprints at The List and lashes out with two quick strikes from his spear, slaying Picks 7 and 12 instantly.

**Dies a Lot gains the achievement First Strike!!**

**Dies a Lot gains the ability Long Reach[2]!!**

Long Reach[2]: Use that spear to snag a game from The Pile! 2 charges.
Thanks for the games CB. I'll use that Long Reach across the country and snag the following:

"Warlock - Master of the Arcane "and "Quest of Dungeons" from your pile of loot.

Ron
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Dies a Lot sets his site on the masses surrounding The List, which begin moving around, acting like a shield. He twirls the spear for a moment and upon completing a spin twists the haft and the spearhead suddenly whips forward, connected on a chain! Two quick flicks and two of the masses are pierced, deflating into piles of goo.

The List lets out an angry sounding rumble.

Updated blatherbeard's flavor text!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Anyone use the Origin DRM platform? I have some duplicate keys for their stuff but I mostly use Steam. I'd throw them up on The List/Pile, but that seems messy. Who's interested?

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Dead Space
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Populous
The Sims 3 w/some DLCs
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

CrazyBernie wrote: January 27th, 2020, 2:48 pm Anyone use the Origin DRM platform? I have some duplicate keys for their stuff but I mostly use Steam. I'd throw them up on The List/Pile, but that seems messy. Who's interested?

Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising
Dead Space
Crysis 2 Maximum Edition
Populous
The Sims 3 w/some DLCs
id take burnout paradise. i think i have the others