First post of the decade! New Years Giveaway!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

First post of the decade! New Years Giveaway!

Post by CrazyBernie »

Happy New Years, ya bunch of slackers!

I know, this calls for a giveaway! *Shuffles through 500+ Unredeemed Humble Bundle Keys*

The first fiv-TEN regulars (more than 10 posts.. no bots or newbies please) to respond to this post get to choose TWO picks from a random assortment of games! The first to guess Lewis the Fighter's favorite color gets a bonus! (Hint: it's a trick question, but I'll sprinkle that sh*t on everything!)

I'll come up with a list of te-MANY titles to choose from. Should be fun. *Lurch*

Fine-ish Print: Games will be provided as Humble Bundle gift links through PM (READ: They're Steam Keys, so adjust your expectations and click on the links that follow to Steam's site for more information on the system requirements and the like). So even if you already have a game(or games!), you can give one to a friend! If for some reason I get a borked link and can't alternatively provide a direct Steam key(it happened to me once giving a game to my sister), you get a do-over. Don't try to milk it. Save the game playing for the games. :mrgreen:

ASLO, I sometimes have this RUDE this note from Humble Bundle, which can actually change depending on the game:
notification.jpg
notification.jpg (75.13 KiB) Viewed 36061 times
Unfortunately I don't have any control over region locked games. If you get a game that you can't play, we'll figure something out.

P.S.: I might work in IT, but I'm not tech support. You assume all risk with installing and playing these games.

*crackle* *crackle* *crunch* ... *sploosh* *squish* *screech*

*Winners List*

1: Quaan *gift links delivered*
2: BasiliskWrangler *1 Pick delivered*
3: Dies a Lot *gift links delivered*
4: blatherbeard *gift links delivered*
5: Randomizer
6: Painted Lady
7: Kreador Freeaxe *1 Pick delivered*
8: Stalfos *gift links delivered*
9: ManusDei *gift links delivered*
10:

Bonus:
Last edited by CrazyBernie on May 28th, 2021, 2:04 pm, edited 22 times in total.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: First post of the decade!

Post by CrazyBernie »

Second post of the decade! We're coming out swinging folks! Something old, something new, something given, something BOO! There should be something for everyone here; no shabby selection in this list. NOTE: **BUNDLES** Can't be split - but they DO count as single selections...

The List lumbers to life, moving this way and that. A faceless blob of tentacles and bulbous flesh, its many appendages lurch in random directions, and more limbs burst to life. It grows, though how you do not know. It is an otherworldly being, pulsing with dark energy.

The List
[+] SPOILER
Pick #6: Eviscerated by Quaan!
[+] SPOILER
Deus Ex: GOTY Edition *sizzle* *splat* Deus Ex: Invisible War
Pick #7: Slain by Dies a Lot!
[+] SPOILER
The Dwarves *crack* Phantom Doctrine
Pick #8: **** By Stalfos!
[+] SPOILER
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes, Kingdom: New Lands, Sword Legacy: Omen
Pick #9: "Stoned" by BasiliskWrangler!
[+] SPOILER
Grim Dawn, Shiness: The Lightning Kingdom
Pick #10: Pummeled by blatherbeard!
[+] SPOILER
Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide, *blurp* Mordheim: City Of The Damned
Pick #11: Mauled by ManusDei!!
[+] SPOILER
Ultra Street Fighter IV, GUILTY GEAR Xrd REV 2 BONUS!! Street Fighter V
Pick #12: Slain by Dies a Lot!
[+] SPOILER
Stardew Valley, *pop* My Time At Portia
Pick #13: Skewered by Quaan!
[+] SPOILER
Sniper Elite,Sniper Elite V2, & Sniper Elite 3!! BONUS:Sniper Elite 4!!
Pick #15: **** By Stalfos!
[+] SPOILER
Ninja Senki DX, LIMBO, & Hollow Knight,Deep Dungeons of Doom
Pick #17: Pulverized by blatherbeard!
[+] SPOILER
Vikings! Dead in Vinland, Northgard, & Bad North: Jotunn Edition!
Pick #24:

Pick #25: Cleaved by Kreador Freeaxe!
[+] SPOILER
Styx: Shards of Darkness, Hitman: Absolution, Styx: Master of Shadows
*glurb* *rumble*
The Corpse

Turn-Based-y
Fell Seal: Arbiter's Mark, Battle Chasers: Nightwar, Wasteland 2: Director's Cut, Grim Legends 2, XCOM: Enemy Unknown, XCOM: Chimera Squad,

Open World-y
Middle-Earth: Shadow of War, Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen, Dead Rising 4,Saints Row IV,Saints Row The Third - The Full Package, Dead Island GOTY Edition, Proteus,

Dungeon Crawling
Book of Demons,

Baldurs Gate-y
Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Explorer Edition, Dragon Age: Origins,

Simulation-y
911 Operator, Hacknet, Solar 2, Cities in Motion 2, Organ Trail: Directors Cut, American Truck Simulator, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Surviving Mars, Mini Metro, WWE 2K Battlegrounds,Interplanetary: Enhanced Edition,

4X-y

Twin Stick-y
A Fistful of Gun, SYNTHETIK: Legion Rising, Assault Android Cactus, Hotline Miami,

Puzzle-y
English Country Tune,

Shooter-y
Primal Carnage: Extinction, Payday 2, Void Bastards, Tower of Guns, Alien: Isolation, Killing Floor, Mass Effect 2, Hard Reset Redux, Zombie Army Trilogy,

Platformer-y

Guacamelee! Gold Edition, Shadow Complex Remastered, Rising Dusk, STRIDER, Mercenary Kings, Freedom Planet, Teslagrad, Mega Man X Legacy Collection, A Hat in Time, Guacamelee! Complete, Guacamelee! 2, Mega Man 11,

Fighter-y
SOULCALIBUR VI, Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection,

Boardgame/Deckbuilder-y
Hand of Fate 2,

Adventure-y
Broken Age, Grim Fandango Remastered, Machinarium, Deponia: The Complete Journey, Secret Files Tunguska, Secret Files 2: Puritas Cordis, Secret Files 3,

Diablo-y
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II,

Minecraft-y
7 Days to Die, Portal Knights,

Vroom Vroom-y
Spintires, HotShot Racing,GRIP: Combat Racing w/ Artifex Car Pack, Dirt Rally 2.0,

Masquerade: Baubles of Doom, Zombie Night Terror, Resident Evil Revelations, Planet Coaster, Road Redemption, Anna's Quest, Kathy Rain, FRAMED Collection, Starseed Pilgrim, The Gardens Between, Resident Evil: Revelations, Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - Complete Season, Resident Evil 0 HD Remaster, Mages of Mystrailia, Magicka 2, The Stillness of the Wind, Whispers of a Machine, Sword of the Stars II: EE, F1 2019 ANNIVERSARY EDITION, Not The Robots, Monaco: What's Yours Is Mine, MOTHERGUNSHIP, 12 Is Better Than 6, Antichamber, A Glider's Journey, Q.U.B.E. Directors Cut, Q.U.B.E 2, Guns of Icarus Alliance, HELLDIVERS, Card City Nights, Sanctum 2, Bioshock Remastered, Crusader Kings Complete, This War of Mine, Teleglitch: Die More Edition, Titan Quest: Anniversary Edition, Remothered: Broken Porcelain, Simulacra 1 + 2, Peakky Blinders: Mastermind,

[+] SPOILER
Warlock: Master of the Arcane,Quest of Dungeons, **Snatched by Dies a Lot!**
Last edited by CrazyBernie on October 19th, 2021, 12:23 pm, edited 27 times in total.
Quaan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Quaan »

Third! But still on the podium somehow.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I...I'm a regular too, right?
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

youbetcha.jpg
youbetcha.jpg (106.89 KiB) Viewed 36056 times
I'll work on that games list in the morning (instead of working).

*edit* That pic was pretty huge.
Last edited by CrazyBernie on January 19th, 2020, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

Hey CB what a great graphic. :lol:

I don't post much. But, this made me laugh.

Ron
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Glad to be of assistance! Just for showing up, you're number three on the list!

But... something's.... happening to the giveaway..... it's... mutating!

*strangled gurgling noises*
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

so im number 4? am i supposed to pick something? I NEED MORE!! ha ha love you CB, missed your face here.

and if im correct with number 4 then AWESOME! not games id buy but i have nearly EVERYTHING ELSE youve posted LOL
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
Quaan
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Quaan »

After reading Lewis the Fighter's adventures i think his favorite color is GOLD!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Re: First post of the decade! New Years Giveaway!

Post by CrazyBernie »

blatherbeard wrote: January 17th, 2020, 10:09 pm so im number 4? am i supposed to pick something? I NEED MORE!! ha ha love you CB, missed your face here.

and if im correct with number 4 then AWESOME! not games id buy but i have nearly EVERYTHING ELSE youve posted LOL
Pick somethings, actually. :mrgreen:
Quaan wrote: January 18th, 2020, 9:39 am After reading Lewis the Fighter's adventures i think his favorite color is GOLD!
You've got the right idea, but keep looking! :wink:
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

You do know that the decade doesn't start until next year? Think about it, there was never a zero year to start this calendar. It started with year 1 of the first decade.
Dies a Lot
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Dies a Lot »

If I have this right, we get two picks off of the list.

If so, then my picks are 7 and 12.

If I'm wrong, then pick 7 with it's two games will be great.

Thanks for this post. Always fun to see what you're up to.

Ron
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Randomizer wrote: January 18th, 2020, 5:55 pm You do know that the decade doesn't start until next year? Think about it, there was never a zero year to start this calendar. It started with year 1 of the first decade.
I see your Gregorian Calendar and raise you one Astronomical One. :lol: Welcome to The List.

Dies a Lot arrives on the scene of massive destruction. A small city know for creating many games that are distributed far throughout the lands lay in waste. A massive shambling mound of Picks lurches to one side, crushing a small house, and the screams of victims can be heard shortly before the house is absorbed into the creature's body. Infuriated, Dies a Lot sprints at The List and lashes out with two quick strikes from his spear, slaying Picks 7 and 12 instantly.

**Dies a Lot gains the achievement First Strike!!**

**Dies a Lot gains the ability Long Reach[2]!!**

Long Reach[2]: Use that spear to snag a game from The Pile! 2 charges.
Last edited by CrazyBernie on January 22nd, 2020, 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

aight re read and im stupid.

my picks are 10 and 17.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

From the shadows of a nearby building emerges blatherbeard. While The List flails in Dies a Lot's general direction, he rushes in from the side and pummels Pic 10 with twin war-hammers, crushing it before it can react. Then, using Pick 8 as a springboard, he leaps high and brings both hammers down onto Pick 17. The force of the blow causes Pick 17 to explode and throws blatherbeard free; he manages land in a somersault, avoiding serious injury. However the explosion sends a blob of energy directly into Pick 6, which then absorbs it and grows larger!

**blatherbeard earns achievement Can't-keep-a-good-beard-down!!**

**blatherbeard gains ability Hammer-Time!!**

Hammer-Time: One-time ability where you can throw one hammer at a Pick, knocking one game off an unclaimed Pick, and then throw your second hammer at The Pile, snagging one more game!
Last edited by CrazyBernie on January 24th, 2020, 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.