Happy Fourth!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Happy Fourth!

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Happy Fourth of July for those of us in the States!

Seems like a good day to cast supernova in a cave full of explosive barrels. ;-)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Re: Happy Fourth!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Late reply because I was out of town. Hope everyone had a great time blowing stuff up! So, since I'm here, I thought I could give a bit of an update:

Well, the only thing I have to say is that Covid-19 has pretty much brought work to a halt. Even before the virus had shut most of the economy down, back in February my kid got really sick (out of control Strep throat) and missed a TON of school. In the process of dealing with that, everything started shutting down and her school was closed for the remainder of the year.

With me having the "most flexible" work schedule, I've been in charge of dealing with her. All our plans (both work and leisure) were canceled for the spring and summer, and I've been wondering what will happen next month when school is set to begin. I have another kid that is suppose to start college in August and that is up in the air right now.

So yeah, I wish I could say that 2020 has been the most productive year on record, but just the opposite is true. For those of you "working from home" with kids, you know what I mean- I have barely made any progress on my projects in the past 5-6 months.

I have been playing a bit of the updated Minecraft 1.16 and that's been cool. Oh yeah, I played Half-Life: Alyx and nearly broke my foot when I got scared of a zombie coming through a door and I ran into a real-world bookshelf, so yeah that happened.

All-in-all, I think it's best to admit that Basilisk Games studio is just in a state of hibernation right now until things return to normal, whatever that means! :D I am telling myself that it has been a good thing that I was forced to take an extended break, since now I am really looking forward to getting back to work again.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
blatherbeard
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by blatherbeard »

I got an image of me running into a bookshelf with a vr headset on, and it made me laugh loudly.
The armies joined in a bloody battle on this fine day, then storm clouds broke, and it rained.

So they all went home.---Story knots within blatherbeards Beard.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

blatherbeard wrote: July 7th, 2020, 8:59 am I got an image of me running into a bookshelf with a vr headset on, and it made me laugh loudly.
Trust me, everyone laughs out loud when I tell them why I have a scar on the top of my foot. Half-Life Alyx is really, really well done- so much so that I literally forgot I was in VR and tried to run away from a door I was holding shut as a zombie was trying to push through. And that's when I met a bookshelf.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler wrote: July 7th, 2020, 11:25 am
blatherbeard wrote: July 7th, 2020, 8:59 am I got an image of me running into a bookshelf with a vr headset on, and it made me laugh loudly.
Trust me, everyone laughs out loud when I tell them why I have a scar on the top of my foot. Half-Life Alyx is really, really well done- so much so that I literally forgot I was in VR and tried to run away from a door I was holding shut as a zombie was trying to push through. And that's when I met a bookshelf.
Tell the game makers. Maybe they'll pay for your story as advertising to show how great and immersive the game is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.