Dragonlady needs Healing Elixir!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Dragonlady needs Healing Elixir!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Many of you who have been around the boards for the past 2 years know of Dragonlady, one of our highest ranking members. She has informed me that she will be going to have some major surgery next week and will be gone from the forums for a while.

She has been an outstanding supporter of Basilisk Games since we started this website- donating to our efforts, helping beta test, and even offering support to many of you who have had trouble with the game. She will be missed while she is away. We should all keep her in our thoughts and send her our best wishes for a speedy recovery and return to the forums.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
macdude22
Council Member

Re: Dragonlady needs Healing Elixir!

Post by macdude22 »

Having just had a bout of "minor" throat surgery on Friday my heart goes out to anyone who has to spend an extended stay in these Zoos they call hospitals.

General anesthesia has to be one of the single most disconcerting experiences of my life. Better than the old days of splash of whiskey on my wound and a splash of whiskey in my mouth I suppose.

Cheers Dragonlady. To a speedy recovery.
Getharn
Marshall

Post by Getharn »

All the best, Dragonlady, I hope it goes well!

You might like to print off a big bundle of those Lone Wolf books and take them in with you. There's a "close your eyes and point" random number table, but you might prefer a dice instead - if so, I think you'll need a d10. My advice is to choose the "view as single page" option, because it's probably better for printing.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

Keeping you in our thoughts, Dragonlady, and may this turn out to be another adventure with a happy ending.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

Wishing you my best and hope you'll be back soon.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

DragonLady,

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for a successful operation and a full speedy recovery! Hope to see you back and well soon :!:
History is written by the winners!
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Dragonlady we await your speedy and healthy return :D :D
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"
Elveronion
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Elveronion »

we'll be here anxiously awaiting you're return, dragonlady!! stay strong and positive!
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Elveron wrote:we'll be here anxiously awaiting you're return, dragonlady!! stay strong and positive!
Thank you, I'm trying to be positive but its hard. Getting packed today so I can just vegg tomorrow. I hate the idea of gettign up at 4:30am to be at hospital at 6am and surgery at 8am. Grumble.

If I stay in more than 5 days, I'm having my son bring my laptop so I can play Escalon. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
llew silverhand
Senior Council Member

Post by llew silverhand »

all the best Dragonlady - and heck, I'd recommend he bring your laptop after day 1 :D
Llew Silverhand - Once and Future Gnome King
Randomizer
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by Randomizer »

If you are still there that long, then you can probably play Geneforge 5 and create drayks and drakons to serve you.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Hi folks, this is John checking in on my Mom's account. I wanted to give everyone a quick (and short) update. Diane made it through surgery successfully today. She's responisve and alert. She is also VERY tired and grogy. No update on when she's due back to Casa de Hutton, but right now things are looking good. Her vitals are strong, and she is, as I said, lucid. She's in a fair amount of pain, obviouly, but nothing that appears to be too serious.

I'll check back sometime tomorrow with another update, though I can't promise when during the day/night I'll be checking in. :)

J
Getharn
Marshall

Post by Getharn »

Hi John!

I'm really glad to hear things seem to have gone well so far, and I wish her a speedy full recovery.

Thanks for posting the update, I'm sure everyone here appreciates it.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Another quick, but this time slightly longer update. :)

Yesterday Diane looked drugged out and out of it as she was coming out of surgery (but still lucid, as I said). Today she looked miserable. I view this as an improvement. :D

Seriously though, today she was awake and alert, although in pain naturally. She is still in the ICU being monitored carefully, but she is progressing nicely. She is able to carry full conversations for a long time and is with it enough to gripe about the way the hospital is treating her.

Like I said, an improvement. ;)

Still no word on when she will be out of the ICU, never mind the hospital, but things are progressing nicely. Don't know when I will next post an update (probably tomorrow, but I can't guarantee it), but just presume things are going well and improving unless I say otherwise.

Thanks again for all of the well wishes, they mean a lot to her. :)

Ciao,
John
AK_Marty
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by AK_Marty »

Sounds like good news John! You should smuggle in her laptop, playing Eschalon is a proven pain reliever. :mrgreen:
Do keep us updated on Madame Dragonlady's progress.
Alaska Marty
"It looks a lot more like it does now than it used to!"