Merry Christmas!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
Getharn
Marshall

Merry Christmas!

Post by Getharn »

I'm staying with my parents over the holidays, so I thought I'd wish everyone season's greetings early, since my Internet access is likely to be sporadic. For example, I'm writing this on my iPhone, over a GPRS link. Mmm, feel the speed.

So, to wish everyone Merry Christmas, here's a little something I penned for a friend's card:

(and no, I never claimed I was an artist - it's the thought that counts, right? :) )
Rush
Senior Council Member

Re: Merry Christmas!

Post by Rush »

Happy holidays, Getharn, to you and yours.
I liked the picture...

---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Everyone have a merry and safe holiday!! :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

HAPPY HOLIDAY!!!

oops, got colors wrong, oh well. Have a peaceful happy time. :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

I wish to everyone on the forum Happy Holidays and may we all reflect on the subjects that matter the most: Family, good friends, strength in our limbs and clarity of mind. And though there has been much weeping and gnashing of teeth this year, may the new year bring joy and happiness to you and yours!
History is written by the winners!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Merry Christmas Everyone....Hope everyone has a great time and adds a little around the waist so that new years has reason for resolutions...
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

How much loot did everyone bring in for Christmas? I got one of those cool indoor remote controlled helicopters. For my b-day I got a vintage Big Trak that still works (you probably need to be older than 35 to remember this thing)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Trak

All-in-all a very nice little Christmas! :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Merry Christmas everyone - don't eat too much :)
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:How much loot did everyone bring in for Christmas? I got one of those cool indoor remote controlled helicopters. For my b-day I got a vintage Big Trak that still works (you probably need to be older than 35 to remember this thing)...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Trak

All-in-all a very nice little Christmas! :)

I remember that..sort of. I think my son (9yr) at the time wanted one but he didn't get it. :)

This year, the geek stuff I got was a dragon calendar for 2009 based on the "Dragonology" book series, DVD "Babylon The Lost Tales", "Hoyle Puzzle & Board Games" DVD for my Mac and a number of books. One I'm reading now is great (If you like Valdamar stories) is "Moving Targets and Other Tales of Valdemar" paperback book edited by Mercedes Lackey. Lots of short stories from various authors. So far all are great reads. :) And "Dragonheart" by the McCaffrey's which I haven't started reading yet.
Rush
Senior Council Member

Post by Rush »

I received a gift card for Barnes and Noble which I intend to use asap, heh. I am going there with a list of books I have which are based upon the posts of another topic here featuring, yes, um...books. Thanks to all who posted there, and please, continue doing so.

Oh, and the new year is heading our way! Be safe everyone.

---Rush.
Some came to sing, some came to pray
Some came to keep the dark away...
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

My son got Guitar hero world tour and rock band 2(just the game) and we have been rocking it out as a band, my wife cannot sing god bless her soul. But I CAN drum I tell you, I missed my calling.

We don't buy for each other at christmas but I did get a nice pair of canucks pajama bottoms:)

Oh kicker of the day is my son got a electric guitar from zellers from his grandparents who live away. We had to pick it up at zellers and wrap it for them. So to get to the point he went to open it christmas morning and there was no guitar in the box....needles to say lots of tears and anger on his part....I love zellers.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Rune_74 wrote: Oh kicker of the day is my son got a electric guitar from zellers from his grandparents who live away. We had to pick it up at zellers and wrap it for them. So to get to the point he went to open it christmas morning and there was no guitar in the box....needles to say lots of tears and anger on his part....I love zellers.
Oh how horrid! I sure hope you marched down to the store and gave them Hades! And I hope they didn't give you any flack about, what you did with the guitar and that they won't give you another. Grrrrr. Poor kid. :cry:
Elveronion
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Elveronion »

ya that is bullsh!t rune
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

They gave us our money back no problem, however they did not even check if any stores in the area had another one. They said they would be getting another in at that store but it could be anywhere from a week to a month....crappy costumer service so my wife took the money back and then called another zellers to see ifthey had one in stock and the guy on the phone did a couple of checks and thinks he can get one....go figure eh?
Getharn
Marshall

Post by Getharn »

Wow, that's absolutely terrible customer service. I understand that sometimes the people in these places don't have any success when they try to help, but you'd like to get the feeling they actually cared enough to try to understand the situation from your point of view and help out a little.

Personally, if you can be bothered I'd recommend not buying it from another of their stores, but instead taking your money elsewhere and writing a letter to their head office explaining exactly why they lost your trade. I have a couple of friends who do that unfailingly, and it's quite surprising how often that yields results. I guess the people who run these places understand how important customer service is, even if their representatives in store do not.