News Item: December 31, 2008 - Thanks for a great year!

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

News Item: December 31, 2008 - Thanks for a great year!

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Basilisk Games wants to thank all of our customers for making 2008 a successful year for us, and we're looking forward to an even more eventful 2009! We've got lots of exciting news on both Book II and Book I that we can't wait to share, as well as information on another project that we hope to announce a bit later in the year. Exciting times!

Thanks again and have a safe and wonderful New Year!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Re: News Item: December 31, 2008 - Thanks for a great year!

Post by Dragonlady »

Happy New Year to everyone and may it be as short a time as possible for Book II to come out better, greater and longer than book I!!!! :mrgreen: :lol:
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you Basilisk Games for one of my favorite parts of 2008.
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
Saxon1974
Officer [Platinum Rank]
Officer [Platinum Rank]

Post by Saxon1974 »

Cheers and see you in 2009!

Im very much looking forward to what Basilisk comes out with in 2009! :lol:
MaximB
Senior Steward

Post by MaximB »

News on Book1 ?
Mmmm.. What can it be ? level editor ? mods ? new patch for bug fixes or maybe some add-on ?

Can't wait.

P.S
I'm very happy that it's been successful year for Basiliks games, I read in some interviews that you expected more sales of book1 and you were disappointed.
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

Happy new year lookin forward to a great year:)
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

MaximB wrote:I'm very happy that it's been successful year for Basiliks games, I read in some interviews that you expected more sales of book1 and you were disappointed.
Well, it depends on how you look at it. We made enough money to keep the studio open long enough to get Book II finished (so that is a success) but we had many other sales goals that we didn't meet. Since we have put about 80% of all Book I profits back into the company, the better Book I sells, the bigger and potentially better Book II can be.

Book I continues to sell and we have another major distributor coming up, so perhaps over the lifetime of the product we will see the kind of sales that we originally hoped for. Either way, as long as we can keep making RPGs, we are happy! :)
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Kreador Freeaxe
Major General
Major General

Post by Kreador Freeaxe »

BasiliskWrangler wrote:Either way, as long as we can keep making RPGs, we are happy! :)
And as long as they're as much fun as Book I, many of us will be happy and keep sending you money. :)
---

Kill 'em all, let the sysadmin sort 'em out.
realmzmaster
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by realmzmaster »

Happy New Year to all!!!

Do not worry BW! The question is did Eschalon Book I do well as a first time offering from your company? It is not unusal to plow most of the profits back into the company to make the next product. I know there were sales expectations, but it seems the game was successful enough to continue developing Book II. Maybe Book I sales will receive an additional boost from the introduction of Book II. Those people who stumble across Book II will most likely want to pick up Book I. Book II sales should be better than or at least as good as Book I. You already have built-in sales numbers from the us on the forum. I know I am waiting to purchase Book II. :D
History is written by the winners!
Rune_74
Officer [Gold Rank]
Officer [Gold Rank]

Post by Rune_74 »

I would suggest you take book 1 and bundle it with book two for like 9.95 more then the price of book 2. This way you get even more sales of book 1 and some easy money. I see people overlooking book 1 if they hadn't already played it due to there being a new version out. Just a thought but it may work for you.
Getharn
Marshall

Post by Getharn »

Bit late, but happy new year everyone! Having spent Christmas with no Internet access except GPRS, I can understand what people with Haste cast on them would feel like using broadband.

I'm glad 2008 has been a success for you, BW - you produce fine work, and you deserve to do well. Thanks for putting in the effort, and I hope Book II, and 2009 in general, bring you much more success. I'm also intrigued as to what this other project is... Whatever it is, it's great to have such a good community with whom to share it, so thanks also to everyone here for making these forums a fun place to hang out. I wish you all a fantastic year!

PS - Just remember to throw in at least one easy resolution - if you stick to at least one, you can just define success as the absence of failure, and then you've succeeded.