RPG Vault & Richard Aihoshi

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

RPG Vault & Richard Aihoshi

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

Wow, I just read Jonric's (Richard Aihoshi) Journal over at RPG Vault...

The short of it is he is leaving the Vault and as he puts it: "While I haven't seen any kind of official announcement, it's my understanding that RPG Vault will cease publishing." That sucks.

RPG Vault is one of the largest websites that would consistently run our important news stories, and Richard was always so very generous as to include Basilisk in various discussions and articles. Earlier this year we were given a 2-part Peek article where we discussed the rules and challenges of Book 2. This was huge coverage as these articles get linked and mirrored everywhere.

With RPGVault closing (and specifically, Richard moving on) we've lost a major supporter of not only Basilisk Games but other indies like Spiderweb Software, Soldak and Iron Tower. We felt a similar blow when RPGDot closed shop a few years ago- luckily those people went on to establish RPGWatch who still show us tons of love, but still, RPGDot had a lot of clout in it's prime. Like RPGVault, articles posted there often got linked everywhere.

So, we've still got the awesome GameBanshee and RPGWatch covering us. BluesNews often runs our press releases as do a number of other general gaming sites.

Often we are asked by fans how they can help us out, and here is one way you can: whenever we run an interesting news article, send emails to the editor(s) of your favorite gaming site and ask them to report it on their newsfeed. Or, ask them to contact us for an inside scoop. Mention us whenever possible on other forums or discussion threads. It works, because one of our regulars here got us a great interview and lots of coverage on Colony of Gamers recently just by pestering the admins there.

Thanks everyone! And thanks to Richard for all your support over the past 4 years!
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.