Which games do you play (and like)?

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!
MegaHassan
Steward

Re: Which games do you play (and like)?

Post by MegaHassan »

These days I'm hooked onto Football Manager 2009, and the new Geneforge. I used to be an avid Xbox 360 fan but it's been months since I last played it, lol.
BasiliskWrangler
Site Admin

Post by BasiliskWrangler »

I generally do not like console games, but I have been enjoying Wii Sports Resort recently. Really fun stuff! But usually, I just re-play classic computer RPGs (anything from the 80's and 90's). Fallout 3 was the last "modern" RPG that I enjoyed.

I've also been known to spend a lot of time playing Flight Simulators, and occasionally a good RTS.
See my ramblings and keep up with the latest news on Twitter & Facebook.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

I, too, like to replay the older games. Right now redoing the Avernum series. On A2 at the moment, interspersed with Escalon.

For relaxing, before bed, I play one after the other - Solitaire, Parchisi (sp?), MahJong and a silly thing called "Gems". Lovely rotating, colored gemstones in a number of rows. Object is to have 3 or more in a row match. 50 pts per gem. You can only move one gem from another row (swapping different colored gem) to make 3. It appeals to the dragon in me. All those gems to add to my hoard. :lol: My high score so far is 81,000+ I'm only using the demo version, which was free. It's a Mac game, don't know if it is out for PC or not.
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

I like a little bit of everything, excluding sports... and I've only messed with flight sims once or twice.

Looking on my new computer here, I've only got a couple of games installed... EB:1, Prototype, and a couple of rainbow six games. I'll probably add more when I upgrade to Windows 7 RTM when it hits MSDN this Thursday (that and when I get some more cash... >.<). I have a laptop with a couple of emulators that I'm using to layout a setup for a Nintendo computer... so it has a bunch of nintendo, super nintendo, and arcade machine games.

I'll also be reinstalling my staple favorites... Doom, Doom II, Quake, Quake II, Heretic, Hexen, Hexen II, Serious Sam... the old school shooters that me and my dad play on Co-Op. Maybe even a little Starcraft and Warcraft for some RTS fun.

RPGwise I really need to go back and finish NWN 2... but I sort of lost interest when I read into the expansion pack that I have no plans on getting. Hopefully Dragon Age will satisfy my next RPG itch... but jRPGs were the first real RPGs I enjoyed, so I tend to go back and play FFIV, FFV, and FFVI over and over... even if I don't finish them every time. Some day I'll actually finish/play VIII - XII.
Dragonlady wrote:For relaxing, before bed, I play one after the other - Solitaire, Parchisi (sp?), MahJong and a silly thing called "Gems". Lovely rotating, colored gemstones in a number of rows. Object is to have 3 or more in a row match. 50 pts per gem. You can only move one gem from another row (swapping different colored gem) to make 3. It appeals to the dragon in me. All those gems to add to my hoard. :lol: My high score so far is 81,000+ I'm only using the demo version, which was free. It's a Mac game, don't know if it is out for PC or not.
What you're describing is basically a Bejeweled clone... which can be played online for free!
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

hi all im pritty new here (the one who couldnt get the crux and messed with the posts lol hehe) i really like one particular game its an rpg called GOTHIC but its not that kind f thing at all, i played the series of this game from the first to the 3rd (last) chapter, i advice rpg lovers to try it, the first and the second part are magnefecent in story line and the interacion with other npc , the 3rd is a bit of making the game look extraordinary on the other hand its story line sucks hard (a disappointment to the lovers of this game) its music is really good, can i ask how to get the pieace of music in the tower where the player places the crux (where the choncellor is) this music is really great i reloaded the game where i was in the spire tower several time just to hear it hehe srry for writing so much of things other than the topic :? silly me.
Why Hurt Each Other While Fighting The whole World
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

thx man :P
Elveronion
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by Elveronion »

i seem to play a lot of online free games these days waiting for book 2.

anyone played this yet? it's so addictive!

http://armorgames.com/play/3614/crush-the-castle
paradoxmoe89
Fellowcraft Apprentice

Post by paradoxmoe89 »

Ill check it do u have a challeng for me ( ur highest score in this game,s) didnt try it yet so it becomes interesting. :lol:
azraelck
Senior Steward

Post by azraelck »

I play a bit of anything. Lately, it's been older cRPGs like Might and Magic: World of Xeen. Thinking of digging out M&M 6 and 7 and installing them too. But tomorrow it could be anything, or nothing at all.
http://grimmgames.freeforums.org/index.php

I became insane with long intervals of horrible sanity. - Edgar Allan Poe
dare49devil
Senior Council Member

Post by dare49devil »

azraelck wrote:But tomorrow it could be anything, or nothing at all.
-Oooo. I got a chill when I read that. It sounded...Intese.

=P

Anyway, I've been playing alot of Age of Empires II:Conquerers. It is an old strategy game that still holds me in. I've heard that AOE:III isn't as good. =P
Iane
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Iane »

Playing a bit of everything at the moment - fallout 3 (too short) Sacred 2,Farcry 2, Witcher enchanced,Stalker Clear sky and Prototype
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Iane wrote:Playing a bit of everything at the moment - fallout 3 (too short) Sacred 2,Farcry 2, Witcher enchanced,Stalker Clear sky and Prototype
Too short? Have you gotten the DLC and done every sidequest? I felt that the level cap was too low and the main storyline was a bit quick, but there was a decent amount of extra content.

I think they meant to make it shorter to allow for the DLC and potential expansions/sequels.
King_ov_Death
Senior Council Member

Post by King_ov_Death »

I'm getting addicted to Call of Duty. :twisted: :P
Rollor
Marshall

Post by Rollor »

CrazyBernie wrote:
Iane wrote:Playing a bit of everything at the moment - fallout 3 (too short) Sacred 2,Farcry 2, Witcher enchanced,Stalker Clear sky and Prototype
Too short? Have you gotten the DLC and done every sidequest? I felt that the level cap was too low and the main storyline was a bit quick, but there was a decent amount of extra content.

I think they meant to make it shorter to allow for the DLC and potential expansions/sequels.
So it can't be too short because the devs intent to send out DLC's and perhaps some expansions? That doesn't make any sense :| .

Edit: oh and I replay Gothic 2. Like it quite alot :)
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Rollor wrote:So it can't be too short because the devs intent to send out DLC's and perhaps some expansions? That doesn't make any sense .

Edit: oh and I replay Gothic 2. Like it quite alot
That isn't what I was implying at all. I was offering suggestions to lengthen the "experience." It you noticed, I also referred to completing all of the sidequests. I was also grouping the DLC and sidequests together when I mentioned "extra content."

Besides, the length of a game isn't always indicative of it's quality. Case in point: Eschalon: Book I. It's fairly short, but I find that actually increases its replay value. It's easier to pick up, put down, and try new things without having to worry about drudging through endless hours of the same gameplay.

If a game leaves me wanting more, then as long as the developer doesn't mind giving me what I want, it's all well and good. :mrgreen: