Need Feedback on propsed NEW LOGO

Movies, politics, the inevitable collapse of our universe... whatever we're talking about, you're welcome to join the conversation!

What do you think of THIS logo?

I like it! This should be the new logo!
67%
Eh, I liked the previous "new" logo better.
No votes
Actually, I like the original logo on the front page the best.
33%

Total votes: 18

Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Re: Need Feedback on propsed NEW LOGO

Post by Necromis »

I have to say the one thing I am jealous of is all the skills people have in making Logos. I have to make a simple business logo and I am going bonkers trying to create something professional. I guess that makes me a gimp with Gimp. LOL

:oops: :cry:
The Quickest way to a man's heart is thru his back.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

For once, I find myself agreeing with Necromis. Ever since Mac developers, along with everyone else, abandoned pixel-based graphics in favor of really complicated graphical software that seems to make things really unnecessarily difficult, I've felt obstructed every time I've wanted to create something graphically on my computer.

Now I stick to pencil and paper . . . and paint and canvas. Then if I want it on my computer, I scan it in.

I really miss AppleWorks.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Dragonlady
Illustrious
Illustrious

Post by Dragonlady »

Evnissyen wrote:
I really miss AppleWorks.
Aman brother, aman. :)
Sometimes the dragon wins...
Help save the earth. It's the only planet with CHOCOLATE!
CrazyBernie
Captain Magnate
Captain Magnate

Post by CrazyBernie »

Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

I actually was able to sit down and design what I think is a good logo.

Obviously not for Basilisk. Though the subject got me working on it.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

By the way, Necromis, out of curiosity, what is your connection to this company? And how'd you get stuck doing the graphic design, unless you're used to other means of design than you're using? (Well... since you said that you weren't used to Gimp.)

I took a graphic design course, once... it definitely wasn't for me.

...Besides, I made a decision that there were just too many graphic designers around, all fighting for too few jobs. I suppose I could've made a living at it if I'd wanted... but I decided that writing weird fiction and painting objectively inaccessible abstract pictures would prove more lucrative.
Certainty: a character-driven, literary, turn-based mini-CRPG in which Vasek, legendary "Wandering Philosopher", seeks certainties in a cryptically insular, organic, critically layered city.
Necromis
Officer [Bronze Rank]
Officer [Bronze Rank]

Post by Necromis »

It is a start up company of my brother n law. However, I am designing the technical pieces as he is not technical savy. Also within a year, maybe less, it will allow me to leave my current employment and make my own hours with better pay.
Evnissyen
Captain
Captain

Post by Evnissyen »

Cool.

I guess sometimes brothers-in-law can be somewhat useful. So far, my own hasn't proven to be all that useful, although he might prove useful some day in the future.

He's considerably wealthier and more successful than I am, which makes me jealous, to a certain extent. Especially when he and my sister throw their money around on all kinds of things I could never, ever afford.